Weapon Reload

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Allow weapon switching during reload?

• Yes (a la U2XMP)

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • No (a la UTXMP)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Weapon Reloading: Should you be allowed to switch weapons during reload times as in U2XMP, should you be allowed to switch only AFTER the designated reload is complete (UTXMP currently).

ARGUMENT FOR ALLOWING SWITCH

- Keeps the action between players flowing
- Benefits players who are good with multiple weapons, the other method allows players to fixate on one weapon without too much of a penalty.

ARGUMENT FOR DISALLOWING

- Allowing switch was a bug, and was never really intended.
- Forces you to think about reloading, and taking cover when you need it.

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
Definitely yeah. Especially gunner feels so crippled without this little "feature", probably the only exploit that really improwed the gameplay. Automatically reloading weapons are really, really stupid but necessary for keeping up the pace in combat. My tactic of shooting a cnade at enemy´s face and then moving to blow em up with rockets is impossible without fast reloading. Jesus, I sound like one the most biased rangers... But quick reloading helps other classes as(s) well but most the gunners.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
If we can not switch while reloading, at least if we are reloading, we should be able to about the reload for switching weapons. For example, as a ranger you would fire 3 shots of your sniper rifle then say you wanted to switch to pistol -> you couldn't until you reloaded first. If you could switch but loose the reload at least it would be better then sitting there waiting for reload.

PhatAzz

Phat n Pnunky Phreaky Phunny Phull
Sep 15, 2004
fireball said:
I say yes, but only if the weapon doesn't actually reload if you switch. If you switch back later you should still have to reload.
I agree, it was kinda odd but it really improved gameplay..

Thanks for simplyfing my complicated post. I am at times...long-winded about things.

your friend

Aug 27, 2004
I'd be satisfied with having an option in menu to turn automatic reloading on or off (in my case I would have it 'off').

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
fireball said:
I say yes, but only if the weapon doesn't actually reload if you switch. If you switch back later you should still have to reload.
I agree, it was kinda odd but it really improved gameplay..

This is exactly how I "thought" U2XMP worked. I didn't even know about the
reload bug in U2XMP until a few months ago. :eek:

I would definitely welcome a reload feature where during the reload of
one weapon you could switch to another(quickly). But when you switch
back you STILL have to reload the original weapon.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2004
PhatAzz said:
If we can not switch while reloading, at least if we are reloading, we should be able to about the reload for switching weapons. For example, as a ranger you would fire 3 shots of your sniper rifle then say you wanted to switch to pistol -> you couldn't until you reloaded first. If you could switch but loose the reload at least it would be better then sitting there waiting for reload.

+1