Weapon Prioritization Screwed

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Yorb

0wn3r
Mar 17, 2000
www.yorb.net
Okay I don't know how many people have this problem, but I for one am REALLY tired of having my Impact Hammer pop up when I spawn, as if it was better than my Enforcer or something. Pfff.

I've tried to uninstall INF, but it doesn't. I don't know how (any help on this would be appreciated, already asked several people with no solution). It just crashes without INF installed.

So, I'm forced to tolerate the goddamn weapon priorities. The main prob is the Translocator is almost always COMPLETELY gone from the prioritization window (this usually doesn't move around by itself though). However, the ENFORCER and the IMPACT HAMMER, well THOSE are a different story. They randomly exist on the priority list. It's like, I'll open the list, the Impact Hammer will be GONE! Argh! So I play a game or 2, and discover that the Impact Hammer has been repositioned somewhere near the rocket launcher in priority. Great. So I go back into the priority list, and there it is, staring at me as if nothing ever happened. So I drag it back down to it's RIGHTFUL LOCATION and tell it to stay (it doesn't listen).

Then it may work for a few games, and then something else will screw up maybe. Another common one is the Sniper Rifle moving down to below the Enforcer. Helpful.

I've tried everything, even screwing with normal UT and INF games, both weapon prioritization lists (INF and normal UT), and they seem to be completey indepedent of eachother, yet when I change things in one, they go totally awry in the other. I am about to go insane. There is absolutely no consistancy.

HELP ME! =)

Breydel

I have 413 installed and I'm a little afraid of reinstalling INF because I had the same problems as mentioned above earlier.

Is it now safe to install INF 2.71 after the 413 patch? Or should I wait for 414 or INF 2.8?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Breydel

OK I installed Inf. 2.71 anyway and I'm screwed. My flak cannon and minigun disappeared again.

Obviously UT patch 413 doesn't support more than 20 weapons yet. Does anyone know when Epic is going to fix this? Or has it been fixed already but the Inf. team has to change something as well?

Xtra

Apr 10, 2000
Visit site
Yes, I remarqued this problem as well, as I played Infiltration first time, that was impossible to select normal UT weapons by their original priority!

The way to restore the normal habitual order: there's a possibility to go in the UT menu to Mods/Infiltration/
Configuration/Player/Weapons and to put all the original UT weapons above the Inf's weapons in the order, Redeemer the first one and others underneath, in the list which is similar to the list under Options/Weapons for the normal UT weapons, where you could move them with the mouse. It's also possible to edit the defaultuser.ini... All a bit nervy, but we're all still waiting for better patches than 413 from Epic...

------------------
See you all last time in front of my gun!

White Rabbit

Mar 19, 2000
Winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Visit site
I found that when I uninstalled the Infiltration mod, my weapon prioritization was still screwed up, in that a few weapons had disappeared from my list.

This is what you have to do if you want to regain all the weapons in your weapon prioritization list after uninstalling the Infiltration mod.

Open up the Defuser config file and the User config file, and scroll down until you see

WeaponPriority[0]=Translocator
WeaponPriority[1]=ChainSaw
WeaponPriority[2]=ImpactHammer
WeaponPriority[3]=enforcer
WeaponPriority[4]=doubleenforcer
WeaponPriority[5]=ShockRifle
WeaponPriority[6]=ut_biorifle
WeaponPriority[7]=PulseGun
WeaponPriority[8]=SniperRifle
WeaponPriority[9]=ripper
WeaponPriority[10]=minigun2
WeaponPriority[11]=UT_FlakCannon
WeaponPriority[12]=UT_Eightball
WeaponPriority[13]=WarheadLauncher
WeaponPriority[14]=None
WeaponPriority[15]=None
WeaponPriority[16]=None
WeaponPriority[17]=None
WeaponPriority[18]=None
WeaponPriority[19]=None

Scroll down in the User file to the similar settings, but you'll find they still include the Infiltration weapons. Delete the User settings and copy the Defuser settings in to where the User settings were.

The UT weapon priority list will then revert back to normal, and can be modified as you see fit.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
simply delete the lines posted above if you are using a patch before 413. Then UT will set it up to the standard values again.
413 can handle 50 weaponpriorities, so you don't have to change anything.... only if it was screwed up before delete these lines also for 413....
then start UT and all is fixed.