Weapon priorities screwing up

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gauwde

UP THE IRONS \m/
Jun 24, 2004
I have my weapon priorites set the way I want them, yet when I play, smaller guns switch from bigger guns, and then I go to check my weapon priorites and they're messed up. All the big guns are at the bottom of the list. Why is it doing this.

I have v3355

Gauwde

UP THE IRONS \m/
Jun 24, 2004
Well, this not only happened with v3355. It happened in some older versions, too. I don't remember which though.

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Gauwde said:
I have my weapon priorites set the way I want them, yet when I play, smaller guns switch from bigger guns, and then I go to check my weapon priorites and they're messed up. All the big guns are at the bottom of the list. Why is it doing this.

I have v3355
I'm a bit confused of what you're saying...Do you mean you put the best weapons on the bottom of the list, or is it the game that inverts the selection? Best weapons should be on the top of the list, but I guess you already know this.

Okay, we'd like some more information about the problem. Did you just purchase UT2004, or did it work fine until something changed (eg. installed a mod or patched to 3355)?

Now...the weapon priority is stored in \System\user.ini. Each weapon has an entry there, usually XWeapons.<nameWeapon> or Onslaught.<nameWeapon>. If things keep going wrong, you can try deleting this file (keep a backup!!!), and the priority should reset to normal.
You can also manually change the "Priority=" line, but this is more like a last resort...

Hope any of this helps :)

Gauwde

UP THE IRONS \m/
Jun 24, 2004
No, I don't have Rocketeer.

Here's the sich:
I set the weapon priorities the way I want them, right? Then, when I go to play the game, I see like the Bio-Rifle being switched to when I have the Flak Cannon. I wonder wtf is wrong so I look at the weapon priorities and they're all messed up, such as Flak Cannon before Assault Rifle and stuff.