Weapon modeling for ut 2003

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Wrath of God

Greetings from the PonR-mod team!
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

Does anybody knows some good tutorials wich handle the modeling, bone setting,animation, import\export from max to ued3.0 of weapons (real new weapons, not only skins or modified weapons of ut2k3).
I've made a railgun model and want to use it for our mod, so i need help because it's hard to find tuts for this (or maybe i'm only too stupid for it:)

The Wrath of God

Greetings from the PonR-mod team!
Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Thanks

I'fe found the tut on 3dbuzz too, but it describes the way how to make weapons for UT and not for ut2k3, isn't it?? Can I use this way also for ut2003?
The other tut I can use (komme auch aus Deutschland:-)) so i hope i'll get this finished so that you can see result of your help in some months (or years:-)). Let's see...

JackReacher

[SAS Mod]
Oct 16, 2001
The Sanitarium
SAme method with UT2k3 as with UT, except the polycount is something you can raise a bit with UT2k3. In UT an acceptable polycount for a model (post optimisation) is about 800, wheras in UT2k3 it is about 2500.

Supremacy

Aug 21, 2003
did they use bones for 1st person weapons in ut1 ?
i mean just like 2 arms/hands in the 1st person view...with a weapon attached to the hands ?