Way Off Topic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Infamous Anime

I can only do so much!
Sep 2, 2001
Visit site
I need help. I just bought my first car and my cigarette lighter doesn't work. Does anybody know how much it would be to be repaired? and all that junk cause I can't find anything on it.
-Thanks

5eleven

I don't give a f**k, call the Chaplain
Mar 23, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
Maybe he doesn't want to smoke. Maybe he needs the outlet to plug in his first radar detector so he can try to avoid his first ticket.

Olethros

Functional alcoholic
It all depends on what car you've got. A generic (i.e. standard-size) 12VDC car outlet and a glow plug (the actual cigarette lighter) shouldn't set you back more than $10 or $15. If it's a brand-specific thing (i.e. like the one in my Mercedes) that has a real exotic way of fitting in the dashboard that figure might triple, though.

And of course, going to an auto shop and having a mechanic do it for you will cost you not only an assload of cash but also the right to bear tesicles. All you need to do the job yourself is a screwdriver and maybe a pair of pliers.

Infamous Anime

I can only do so much!
Sep 2, 2001
Visit site
I don't smoke and I really don't plan too. All I really want it for is to hook up some neon for my car to it and also use it for mp3 player for my car because I have no CD player.
O yeah I have to check the fuse first, Thanks..

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
hook up neons to the cigarette lighter? around here the install of neons connects the power for the tubes to the battery and is turned on and off via a switch installed into the dash. do you have enough money to buy a cd/mp3 player for your car? I got a kenwood car CD/MP3/WMA player for $150.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
The question must then be: "do I really want to put a neaon in my car?"
If you still do after asking yourself the question, you should know that the best issue is to wire it directly to the electical system (with a swtich and fuze preferably). Same for a permanant mp3 player. While you do the electical work, you can also check the wiring for the lighter outlet. Deconnect the battery and take a tester and test the connection between the fuze box and the outlet or what ever. Best would be to get someone who know the electical system of your car (especially if it's a car post 1996).

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
I think the less distractions people can find for themselves while driving the better. For example, my friend was ashing a cigarette while driving, failed to pay attention for a split second, and wound up hitting a tree. Imagine if it had been another car or something. My point is less distraction=safer roads. There are already plenty of things out there to distract drivers.