Water problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
I've got a couple sheets overlapping so I can get the water in my river and pond, but as you can see in the picture below the texturing is a little screwy. How do I fix this and is there a better way of getting water in odd shaped lakes?

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
brushes that share the same plane at the same place, have wierd things happen. sometimes even if they are a few units apart they will do the sam thing. it is trying to render both sheets as being "in front" of the other. either spread them apart more, or save a little framerate and just use one sheet.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by StoneViper
brushes that share the same plane at the same place, have wierd things happen. sometimes even if they are a few units apart they will do the sam thing. it is trying to render both sheets as being "in front" of the other. either spread them apart more, or save a little framerate and just use one sheet.

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
Yup, I'm slow, I thought of the one sheet idea after I posted the thread. :hmm: Thanks anyways, although it didn't occur to me that many sheets would slow it down. :stick:

-Penfold-

If for some reason later on, you need to use 2 sheets for one plane of water (maybe you want lower land to be dry somewhere, and one sheet can't completely seperate the zones) just drag the verticies on the sheets so that the edges line up perfectly without overlapping. (just make sure to keep all vertices coplanar)

Or, you can use the 2D shape editor, i think it's found under "Tools"