Warframe

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
I'm still not really sure how it's calculated but I do know the more you use a gun the more bonus XP will be rewarded. e.g., If you play solo and use nothing but your pistol throughout the mission will mean you will get a lot of bonus XP for just your pistol. However, the bonus (and the normal XP points) seems to take in account what weapons your squad was using. If you use your pistol the whole mission, it wont get a lot of bonus XP if somebody else in the game was using their rifle the whole match and dealt 90% of the damage/kills in the level. You will reap their bonus rifle XP then. The more kills or damage percentage you do in a mission means the more influence you have on how your squad is rewarded their XP.

At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it all works.
so basically in my attached image, the "bonus XP" is related to my squad's performance ? does that mean I get less XP for playing solo ?

Drops. Drops cost you nothing. Blueprints are there if you don't feel like grinding to find a specific drop or the drop only occurs on a planet you don't have open yet and don't want to wait to find a blueprint drop.

Basically, if you want a gun blueprint or warframe blueprint, you look up on the wiki where it drops then decide if you want to try your luck grinding there for god knows how long or you'd rather just drop a bunch of game credits and get the blueprint(s) now. The game credits are definitely more important now so it's normally worth grinding.
but on what should I spend ingame credits then ?

EDIT : tried mod fusion, and it's awesome ! :D

Attachments

• warframe bonusXP.png
    warframe bonusXP.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

toniglandyl

Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
hmm. I was doing a fusion of 2 identical mods (for instance 2 +20% damage gave me a +40% damage) without using fusion cores.
am I doing it wrong ?

and in the video, it says that putting a mod in the correct pattern will reduce its cost by half, rounding up to nearest point. but since it's by half, it will obligatory be .5 so which is "the nearest point" ? above or below ?

toniglandyl

Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
ok, I fumbled a bit with the mod fusion. what I can tell is this : every mod is "level 0" (even if it costs 4 points to put it on a weapon). the level is indicated on each mod by looking at the number of white horizontal bars there are on its left side.
fusion is used to level up a mod, making it more and more cost efficient, especially if you can put it in the correct "pattern" (dividing its cost by 2)
when fusing, you can see a vertical bar on the left of the card. it's the "XP" bar of the mod. once it's full, the mod levels up. the XP bar fills relatively to the elements used for the fusion :
fusion cores give more or less XP accoridng to their rarity (uncommon 1 gives few, but RARE 5 gives a lot). you may need more than 1 fusion core to level up a mod.
However, you can use duplicates of the mod (say if you have 4 times the same mod). This is much more efficient, as one duplicate will give a boost equal to a RARE 4 fusion core. basically, if you have 2 times a mod, you can turn them into 1 card which is one level higher without using fusion cores. this doubles the efficiency of the mod for costing only 1 more.
you can then use a mix of duplicates and fusion cores to level up a mod.

nothing stops you from using other non-related mods to fuse, but the XP added is really low.

am I right, slainchild ?

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Mod fusion actually increases the cost by 1 each mod level, but you are correct in that placing the mod in its appropriate slot will halve the cost.

Also: you're right about fusing duplicate mods.

Also also: had a chance to play alongside the project director Steve at PAX on Friday, he's very friendly and fun to play alongside.

BlackFish

ginger synther hipster
May 9, 2004
Congrats on the Steam entry. Has anything been done about that helper lady that talks a lot? Is she mute-able now?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Fuck everything about the person who decided the Stalker killing you in 4 bullets aimbot was a cool idea in ANY MISSION at ANY TIME.

zynthetic

robot!
Aug 12, 2001
zynthetic.com
Fuck everything about the person who decided the Stalker killing you in 4 bullets aimbot was a cool idea in ANY MISSION at ANY TIME.

I didn't think it was that bad. I still died but he showed up during defense, so 30 other guys shooting at me too. Got him down to a quarter health though so I figure any other situation would be doable.

Then I forget everything not playing for a month and he shows up the first minute of play...

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's bad enough when he shows up 3 times in the same day and you're solo'ing missions.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah, managed to jump in the vent you see in the screenshot by some luck. Usually I have no problem with these but when they rushed in a pack of 6 in that room I got problems. I also lost most of my shields trying to get a good screenshot of this.

Last edited: