Wacky Warlord

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

evilgrins

God of Fudge
Sep 9, 2011
Palo Alto, CA
unreal-games.livejournal.com
Just to be clear, this is a perfecty normal Warlord:
4251850_original.png

Other than skinning it and changing its projectiles, this is not a special version of the thing but the original Warlord monster.

Warlord's are somewhat annoying when skinning because without special preparation, when they die they revert to their original skin. Titans don't do that, neither do Queens; there's a few others. To fix this you've gotta set the thing up with a different corpse texture, which I sort of know how to do...

...but I'd rather not.

I found a way around that. Warlord's have a little used feature built into them (you may know about this if you played Unreal1) where just before they die they teleport out. They reach over to their gauntlet, flip a switch, and they're gone.

Of course with any so simple a thing, there's room for the unpredictable.

Not all the time, but frequently instead of teleporting out... the moment it flips that switch it goes from 40 health back up to 1,000 health:
4252217_original.png

HOW THE HELL IS IT DOING THAT?!?

Did anybody know it can do this?

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I guess the nali go up to 1000 hp as well when they teleport out ? Bunch of cheaters.
You know, this is where you get funny and sympathetic for me. Too bad you hold such a grudge on me.