Vote: Who wishes to have Freefall included in UTXMP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you want Freefall in UTXMP?

• Yes, I would like to see freefall in UTXMP

Votes: 53 56.4%
  • No, I dont like freefall.

Votes: 41 43.6%

• Total voters

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i concure that it was an pain with the way i did the export, but i got it workin, err sort of, collision differences might be there.

Plump

[12M]
Jul 18, 2004
Freefall emptied servers so quickly that it was chucked off all the server rotations (after a clear vote). Perhaps people have forgotten this but im sure it will all come back about 30 seconds after the map gets loaded on a utxmp server :)

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Free Fall gives me like...weirdo videogame vertigo or something. That map ****ing owns, you guys gotta have more tolerance...Low Grav + Space + Asteroid = AWESOME. Takes me back to Morpheus...

Undertaker1

[ø§]Taker
Jul 25, 2004
Down with freefall fooking map, me always trying to keep the rangers off me and stay on the asteroids. Which is hard if you are a tech :mad:

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
FreeFall had a custom gametype it used that changed grav and fall damage etc

I tried to do something like that in a ut map and it wasnt working, they could probably do it but i dont think they need too.... That map is also almost easy enough for noob mappers to make lol, something similar anyway, ive been planning to make tutorials for a long time that cover making super fast rocks meshes/texs, i just have to get the tex making down to a easier faster way, atm it only takes like 10 mins to make a huge ammount of rocks or cliffs meshse to use in a map using a default texture. Someone could make all those asteroids, and make something alot like it without the bases and fall speed/damage in a day prolly, using motherships skybox would be badass too, even some of the dm maps too.

Id rather see a new version, it was sorta fun to play but it was just one of those maps that everyone loves to hate.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Emmet Otter said:
I of course vote YES :)

I to vote yes. I don't care for playability. Freefall offered the most awesome screenshots when XMP came out so it deserves to be in there. Besides, every game must have a love/hate map :D .

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
For 2 reasons.

Firstly a few rangers with a good aim can control most of the map. Once you are in the air, it's easier to predict someones movment, and so easier to snipe them.

Secondly on a public server, it's far too easy for 2 techs to get control of the gens, and use the supply station to spam turrets. At that point the map is as good as over, but you just need to wait for the energy to run out.

Jaybo

Clanbase UTXMP Supervisor
Oct 11, 2002
www.12monkeyz.com
I agree fully on the turret farming. I once set up about 20 turrets and forcewalls on the Multiplay public server, which rendered that gen unusable...it was locked down to well. Many complaints from other players until one went to get an admin, which happened to be me, so I kicked myself and have never returned to that horrid place.

fireball

Reach out and torch someone
Major-Lee-High said:
FreeFall had a custom gametype it used that changed grav and fall damage etc
With 7710, that was changed to some strange internal mutator. I've never seen anything like it in any other map, but it works. On a patched server, Freefall comes up as "XMPGame" instead of "AsteroidGame".
Anyway, I'm not terribly fond of the map. I'd rather just get the initial release out of the way and then worry about Freefall afterward.

[DF]phalanx

bgutblower=true
Aug 15, 2002
manchester uk
Visit site
yeah wtf is asteroid game :/
freefall is ranger gunner (lock ons) haven just like ANY low grav game
techs can do **** all becasue the can't hit anyone cos they are too high up

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Im surprised that people dont notice the fast paced flying action you get in that map. And if youre a ranger, I definately dont understand why you would dislike it. I find it easy to avoid being sniped when you weave through the air(space) flying. I find it a challenge to make it back to base with an arty.

Maybe something can be done about the turret farming. Maybe there can be more openings at the energy meteor to make it easier to destroy those tech turrets. Or place the ammo stations just outside those energy meteors so that it would be riskier to go out and to re-supply.

But i really do enjoy this map and i would love to see it in UTXMP.

Actually I wish the map was bigger and had like 4 energy :D