Vito, what's changed...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
What's changed in the Static Mesh pack handeling that is keeping us from using our packs created in UT2K in the Runtime and vise versa? I just tried converting Runtine Static Mesh Packs into UT2K, does not go either direction. Textures and maps are less of an issue.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
UT2003/4 simply have incompatible serialization; the Runtime is actually "correct," and UT2003 is what's broken.

Basically, don't delete your original ASE files. :)

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
If you reimport everything with the exact same package and object names, and open all the dependent packages, and import from T3D, you still have to re-place everything?

spatte

Feb 26, 2004
Sweden
That's what I did when I imported the t3d. I created a new smesh package and named it the same as in my UT project and then imported everything. Beginners luck maybe? Well, some simple meshes that I had created inside UnrealED were lost though.....I am VERY happy that I didn't have to go through the process of placing all my meshes.....

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
I believe that the crashing may be due to the terrain & Info... maybe. I can not get the terrain from the Runtime back into the UT2K... remember I am going backwards to show and example of bot AI. Seeing is believing for some.

I'll try again.