Videos of Sept 10

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
I just reinstalled from the original u2xmp_6497_usa.exe.

The default binds for 'Enter' and 'F':
F=Use | OnRelease Unuse
Enter=Use

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hah, now that's odd. It should be UnUse by default anyway... And Enter is very far away from keys like WASDCSpace etc. so it shouldn't be too much of a problem...

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
wasd sucks on my keyboard, I use that only on laptop.
I use arrows and the numeric keyboard or the keys above, on 0 I have binded use/unuse key via menu, it's default at menu when you bind the use key that it will have the onrelease unuse. So that default setting in the ini is bug basically.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Tried the Zsoft recorder. recording slows everything waaaay down and trying to play the file back freezes my otherwise stalwart comp unit up. Tried different settings. Did not want to alter settings of game as I wanted to make high rez recording. What now?

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Game recording is always slow because it relies on hard disk throughput, which is typically nonexistant. You can try to encourage the recorder to use a more efficient codec (more cpu time, but less hard disk usage = generally better for newer pcs), but the best option is to record externally. I think Tak mentioned he was doing his recordings externally too.

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
Yes I use the V-mate to record. As explained previously, I'm using the highest quality settings, but apparently it's not good enough for Zombiewoof :(

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Yes I use the V-mate to record. As explained previously, I'm using the highest quality settings, but apparently it's not good enough for Zombiewoof :(

Solly Mate, they're just too blurry. Trying to show to (a various assortment of) dingbats who I'm trying to introduce the game to and getting this slack faced 'Wha...huh..' look, eyes squinting "kinda blurry...".

What's a V-mate?

takwu

cXp coder Tak®
Feb 5, 2004
www.mif.vu.lt
It could be because YouTube does not show the high quality option when the connection is not fast enough. Sorry but as mentioned before, options for online video sharing aren't plenty, and YouTube pretty much becomes the best for good reasons, such as unlimited and fast uploads and downloads.

If you want a high quality video, the best bet is to find me some file sharing site where I can upload gigabytes of data fast. A lot of these sites are very inconvenient and often slow, even for downloading, so to show your friends they may have to wait a long time to download.

The Sandisk V-mate is the device I use to record the videos. Link posted by Killer above. Basically you just need to have TV-out from your computer, and it can record it to memory cards, altho at limited visual quality.