Vehicles should explode on hit?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

twktwk_

Dec 12, 2004
What do you all think: should cars/vehicles explode when they hit eachother?

I do think they should, now when you can drive (with the small car) under the juggernaut, the juggernaut will be launched in the air. When you hit the juggernaut in the side it will flip over. I've not discovered a single damage point when you do that. You can do some funny things with that. :lol:

I kind of liked the "self killer raptor" in the orginal xmp, you just drove with your raptor to a juggernaut pushed the "speed boost" button and just before the raptor hit the juggernaut you jumped out of the car. That was great fun and a great way to kill a juggernaut. :D

NozzeM

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
I agree, launching your vehicle into other vehicles was great.

It also seems that i lost all orientation with the juggernaut cannon while it felt quite normal in u2xmp. Maybe it's just me though.

Dubious

Salamander Saver!
Sep 12, 2003
Vehicle collision damage (both with other vehicles and terrain) will be tweaked.

SubCog

Sep 27, 2003
I have been killing tanks with the raptors. It works great. The problem is that when you bail, the raptor throws the brakes on instead of rolling. That means you have to bail out during a jump (raptor will keep its momentum in the air), or you have to stay in the vehicle and die. It does work, however.

|xF|bishop

Dec 12, 2004
i disagree that it works now, you cannot kill a vehicle with another vehicle at this point unless one of them has less than about 10hp's left. if you boost a harb into the front of a jugg you jump about 20 stories in the air, and this also happens if you shoot the harb with the jug. just driving vehicles took some skill in u2xmp because if you slammed into something you would take damage and be vulnerable to wepons fire.

on the whole i think that fmi did a wonderful job with all of the vehicles, the harb is now viable transportation, the raptor is fast and not very powerful, and the jug is powerful as hell but antagonisigly slow. almost perfect, just needs a little damage tweeking.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
well, with their explosions, the vehicles don't have those awfull death husks that made it harder to play.

.pot.OptimusPrime

Philosopher stoned
Nov 1, 2004
Finland
The vehicle damage modelling should be really carefully examined. Now they take hardly any damage and in U2 they took it when they desired without any logical explanation. Physics work better now and the cars aren´t made of paper no more which is nice. So should the damage modelling be made more accurate. Huge airy jumps should do a major scratch even when raptor lands on tyres. In U 2 you could do really insane flights and climb up any hills with turbo. The direction is good, just keep fixing! :fluffle: