Vehicle problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zupafly

Aug 13, 2004
Hi,

A modeler made me a vehicle for my mod but i cant seem to get it ingame.
Ive imported into unrealed following udn svehiclecreation document etc.
He did not make bones for the suspension, just for the wheels + main body linked to it. I coded a quick class to get it ingame but he complains about the mesh not being a skeletal mesh in my log file once i try to summon it ingame. If i change the mesh to scorpion mesh it works so i know its the mesh but shouldnt it work ? Cause skeletal mesh is that there are bones in it right ?

StoopidKwestion

Aug 3, 2004
What software are you using to build / setup the mesh?

IF you are building in Max, you don't need bones, but you MUST set up the hierarchy correctly for UEd to interpret as bones on import.

If you are using Maya....well...I don't have a clue ;)

zupafly

Aug 13, 2004
it does see the bones, unrealed i mean. The modeler used 3dmax and unrealed sees the bones, 5 of them, one for body and 4 for wheels. He didnt do suspension but is it neccesary to do so ? I can view the bone names etc in unrealed and still game doesnt show any mesh and give no skeletal mesh error in my log file

StoopidKwestion

Aug 3, 2004
Hmm...assuming you had the thing as an editable mesh and fully triangulated, it ought to be fine.
Can't think of anything else that would cause the problem....