Vehicle handling and other things....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
moeptier said:
I agree with you - but what about well placed manned turrets?

Yes, that would could add some nice teamplay elements to the game - having one person taking out the turrets so the air vehicle could attack. Anything that needs teamplay is good :)

I guess once again it just needs the map set up right for it.

Bishop F Gantry

Aug 18, 2004
Naib said:
The big problem with air vehicles is techs and maybe rangers are going to have a lot of problems taking one down. Only gunners would have a chance as they can lock rockets on to them. Maybe a slow moving and unarmed troop transport would be ok, but anythink that moves fast, or has good weapons is likly to upset the balance.

I've always liked the way it's so easy to destroy XMP vehicles which ever class you are. It stops them from dominating the game. Try playing on a BF1942 public, and watch how you will see most of your team standing round waiting for a particular veicle to respawn, and tking each other when it gets there.

Oh please atleast allow Gunners to be better than the other classes in atleast one area :D :lol:

Naib

Jan 31, 2004
Captain Kewl said:
Gunners will have infinite health and instagib rifles.

And be renamed to Rangers?

You can then give rangers a rocket luncher, and give them infnite ammo, and call them gunners :lol:

Azzrael

a.k.a. [GDC]AzzraelDLX
moeptier said:
I agree with you - but what about well placed manned turrets?

Great, great, great idea! That would push the use of manned turrets a little bit more!
I think of an zeppelin-like, "relatively" slow 4-6-player transporter. The target would be big enough and the passengers should have a small FOV so that the ground-bounded players are no easy targets :)

Ahhh, there are a lot of ways to integrate air vehicles, but - as Nek and Mango said - as an option for special (tuned) maps.

The way to go is: Make UTXMP=U2XMP...all other stuff is an addon.