Vehicle concept

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

1R0NH4R\/35T

is not amused.
May 10, 2008
Earth
ticktockman92.deviantart.com
very nice, although I would've ultimately preferred if it was more or less one cannon. In any case that's fine, it'll be a few days before I get to the cannon; there's a lot of high detailed body to build first. Whatever you end up on is fine by me.

edit: btw, that hatch in the back, is it for entry or for example inspecting the engine?

edit2: ok some early progress shots, if you can't tell that's the very back section. I'm working my way back to front, at some point I'm gonna work on the treads before I continue working on the body.

I originally intended for it to be an entrance hatch, but that would make more sense if it were in the front. As it is, I guess it can be for engine inspection/maintenance, or maybe for stocking ammunition or something.
Very nice work, by the way. :D

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
lol vitamin-carrot

Ok, so as of now it's an engine/ammo inspection thingy because it's way too small to fit people. I've been trying to create side profile blue prints of the internal construction etc and I'm having a bit of a hard time putting everything in; I'm making headway though and should have most of the back complete by tomorrow.

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
As well, I was thinking about the cannon. I personally very much prefer the one cannon approach, looks best imo. And ultimately, the primary fire of the tank is a semi-high velocity projectile intended to take out scorpions or mantas or vipers or what not so a medium length cannon would probably fit the design bill best. Also that singular cannon can secondary fire the flak shell for anti-infantry purposes.

So if you don't want to design a new cannon, would it be ok if I used one of the earlier cannon concepts?

Mr.CrackPot

Jul 23, 2005
yeah that was the issue with the original. I'll spice it up when I get to it.
I've been improvising a lot of the internal design and mechanical connections anyway so it'll look fine, no worries :D

Last edited by a moderator: