Vash?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sola6662

Nov 2, 2005
hello all im new here and i was looking on the skincity site and was searching for a Vash Modal but there was only 1 that worked for UT 2k4 is there like a converter or something so i can use it on 2k3?

if so plz help me out

Your's Truly Sola (^^) <---Foon

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
Sola. You can likely copy the requisite files over from the 2k4 directory to the 2k3. Vash is built on a standard skeleton, and so should be backward compatable. The file formats haven't changed.

If it doesn't work right away it would be a great way to learn a few minor things with unreal ed. :)

Sola6662

Nov 2, 2005
Vailias said:
Sola. You can likely copy the requisite files over from the 2k4 directory to the 2k3. Vash is built on a standard skeleton, and so should be backward compatable. The file formats haven't changed.

If it doesn't work right away it would be a great way to learn a few minor things with unreal ed. :)

i tried but UT2k3 crashes

ands the log

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 600 MHz with 383MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000 (5655)

SkeletalMesh VashAnim.Vash: Serial size mismatch: Got 980304, Expected 980309

History: LoadObject <- (SkeletalMesh VashAnim.Vash 981273==981273/981343 969 980309) <- ULinkerLoad::preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Mesh VashAnim.Vash NULL) <- UObject::processEvent <- (Tab_PlayerSettings Package.GUITabControl.Tab_PlayerSettings, Function XInterface.Tab_PlayerSettings.Toggle3DView) <- UObject::processDelegate <- GUIComponet::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

if u know how to fix this plz hook me up or aim me Sola Kusanagi

Last edited:

Sola6662

Nov 2, 2005
Vailias said:
Yes it means that the model failed to load due to its formating.
In this case its easiest just to convert it.
I'd post instructions but it will be simpler to just do it.

plz help me master Vailias :D

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
.. bah. I was thinking of the way to convert 2k3 models to 2k4. Sadly the reverse doesn't work as well as I hoped, actually not at all.
:sigh: easiest way after this would be to contact the original author and ask them to make a ut2003 version. ;Shrug: