Vampire loveness

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I think Blade 1, 2 and Lost Boys would be my only real reccomendations for vampire movies... well ones which don't have Christopher Lee or Gary Oldman in anyway. There are others but Vampire movies can be cheesy too easily, as Blade 3 demonstrated so nicely, it's fine if you fancy either of the two co-leads otherwise it was a waste of time unless you think dracula should look like an american football player, vamps should be spoilt richkids and Del Toto's fine work should be totally destroyed.

The real challenge is Werewolf movies, they're far more hit and miss imo. Dog Soldiers and Brotherhood of the Wolf definately rank highly here for me... Ginger Snaps might appeal to a Twilight fan i guess.

I'm not keen on the Underworld film(werewolves crawling on cielings and walls when there is a perfectly good, unused floor reaks of a director bitter he wasn't directing an aliens flick), Underworld 2 was an improvement for me and Underworld 3 looks to be a far better entry. Lucian and Marcus(Isn't it time Tony Curran got a big part in a film without getting killed off?) have been the best characters in the series so far and both were killed off but at least we'll see Lucian's story in the coming prequel.

Still don't know what i thought of John Carpenter's vampires but 30 days of night seemed pretty good to me if not a bit "The Thing"'ish to my mind!

Last edited:

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
all good points. I agree with most of them.
I Always thought of the Blade series as over produced Cheese. But it might be Mr Snipes ruining it for me.
Underworld is a little Hollywood it self , but it has other qualities that make up for it. The running on the walls was silly for Werewolves. I never thought about that till you said something. :lol: It's still quality though IMO. the plot was decent. The new one comes out here tomorrow. It looks promising. I really like their werewolves. Best ones i have seen yet in a movie.

@30DnNights,
I like my vampires to be rich nobles , not dim animals. Yet really good flick.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I like a bit of a mix myself. Which is why Blade 2 is both my top vampire movie and has my favourite bad guy of a movie in it. It had the rich nobles, it had the lower classes of vamps that had gotten unruly and it had the new "evil" that threatened both humans and vamps that was the most inhuman and animalistic of them all. I think "Monstrous" vampires simply make life easier for hollywood though. Nothing says "I'm a bad guy" more than not having a perfectly chiseled jaw and/or immaculate physique. In fairness Underworld improved for me on subsequent viewings but i do get very bitter about the werewolves in it. Also what was the point in those spinny shuriken things she throws at that big werewolf near the beginning. They didn't slow him down, kill him, nothing, she was better off just using her gun...

Oh i've also had a film called "Near Dark" recommended to me many times, i've yet to see it but might be worth looking into.

An ideal vamp movie, to my mind, would have this lot;
v01.jpg
v02.jpg
v03.jpg

v05.jpg
v08.jpg
v04.jpg

v07.jpg
v06.jpg
v10.jpg
v09.jpg

The only Van Helsing worth his salt.
vh01.jpg

Though if any man could take his place...
whist01.jpg
or
ash01.jpg

Also, back to werewolves, though i know it's not the subject of the thread(Sorry i'm obsessed with "classic" horror monsters) I'd recomend "Blood & Chocolate" to a Twilight fan, though the Wolves are actual wolves in it.

Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Yeah the one thing I dont really like about blade 2 is they skip over alot of the other powers that come with being a vampire and concentrate more on the primal stuff. I mean thats well and good but for me I prefer that left to my werewolf flicks where the more primal the better. So while werewolves can be intelligent for me I always preferred more intelligence out of my vampires, I guess thats one thing that comes through alittle in blade 2 but no where near as much as some others.

If we look at that bram stokers dracula picture it really shows what I mean about swaying the human mind, I always get the impression the looks of a vampire are nothing more then a mask. Under that mask is something more similar to the blade 2 villian.

Still rekon kirstan dunst made a wicked vamp girl :p

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
Thankyou for making this thread.

I'd never heard of Låt den rätte komma in till i'd read about it here.

It's now my favorite "vampire movie"...though really, it's not about vampires...it's about a story, a beautiful haunting story.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Of Saints and Shadows, Angel Souls and Devil Hearts, Of Masques and Martyrs, The Gathering Dark

A different approach to vampires. The third book kinda sucks, imo, but sets the scene for the fourth one... so, yeah.