Valve learned to count to 3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
It's pretty easy to got lost in Half-Life; the level design has problems with clearly marking entrance and exit points. I remember one part (where you first get attacked by soliders in some kind of water filled facility) where I was going around in circles for ages.

Firefly

United Kingdom is not a country.
Not everyone is as good as the King of Video Games (you).
Thank you
It's pretty easy to got lost in Half-Life; the level design has problems with clearly marking entrance and exit points. I remember one part (where you first get attacked by soliders in some kind of water filled facility) where I was going around in circles for ages.
That was a puzzle not a maze. It was just two rooms (sort of).
The designer didn't mark the route as that would have rendered the puzzle too easy.

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
I thought it was Porrasturvat that really kicked off the 'physics game' craze. Hitman Codename 47 was the first to blend ragdoll into shooter gameplay in a very vital functional way (of dragging and concealing bodies) way back in 2000, but it wasn't very hyped and noticed because OMG A STEALTH THIRD PERSON SHOOTER and it wasn't in-your-face-and-abused. so FORGET THAT LOL

Last edited:

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
BAM!

OMG, OMG OMG...

excellent-mr-burns.gif