UZ redirection

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
No way, even I made a few mutators for it :p All Unreal engine games can use mutators.
The best thing about that is that it has a lot of maps, and that way you can get them and try them :)

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm, are there more files in there than at gameservers? It won't display me the files...
And any progress on finding out why the master server sends corrupt data? :)

EQ²

Code Monkey
Oct 30, 2004
Near Birmingham, UK
www.teambse.co.uk
Probably not, except for some nonrelease stuff from alpha and beta testing perhaps. The directory listing is denied because of the nonrelease maps/mods that are redirected there, but it's obviously still a valid redirect if any server admins want to use it. You can check on http://u2xmp.aybab2u.com/ there may be some extra stuff there though.

No luck with the master server yet, I've been experimenting with things too.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Wow, anyone noticed that U2XMP has an UZ redirection service like UT2003 and UT2004 at GameServers :D Or did you know that all along?

http://uz2.gameservers.net/u2xmp/

Yep, I asked Gameservers.net WAAAY back in the day if they had a redirect that I couldn't find for XMP, and they set one up in just a couple hours. They didn't even rent servers with XMP on them! It was very cool of them.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
...why would it have it? Presumably only for custom maps... AFAIK there's no mutator-like stuff in U2.

DarkPulse is wrong for real here, probably the most wrong sentence ever! :lol:
jk

There were lots of mutators in the bonuspacks and they are even selectable via U2XMP menu as well and if they weren't, it can still be used the old school way as it was in first Unreal, that is using command to enable mutator...or eventually in normal U2 you can use it only that way as well........

And UZ redirection is standard since UT, so U2 has that as well. :p

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Why since UT, U1 can redirect as well.

No, it cannot.......only now via third party mods or the unofficial "227" patch...
therefore Unreal 1 engine on its own is not able to redirect without this input, it was only possible via Nephthys (not uz redirection though, a different one and more complicated) and now this 227.

So you're wrong on that one, officially Unreal never had redirect support.