UWRC-Caribbean - updated grafix

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
Here's a shot of the updated graphics version of UWRC-Carribean.

Also, it's interesting to note that the filesize has now dropped by 2 Mb (Uncompressed)

Attachments

• caribbean.jpg
    caribbean.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 66

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
stevenhorton said:
Looks good:) The palm trees are great, I have used those too.

Yeah in Ocean-Run, man that map is hard - what with the fog and all - it's good to have a challenge again though.

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Looking cool :D.

Perhaps some ground-level shrubs and stuff, or some large boulders here and there might help the ground from looking so bare. It looks a bit like just palm trunks growing right out the bare sand there. It'll also force people to stick to the road a bit more, as with the current version it is perhaps a little too easy to simply cut across everything to get to the next checkpoints.

Not a critisism, just a suggestion. I think some more dense ground cover (shrubs/rocks) along the sides of the road below the palms would enhance the look and gameplay of the map :).

I think the blur effect makes it look quite realistic ;).

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
that blur effect mainly removes the computergeneratedness of the images , because if you blur a real photograph it would look very similar....

yeah, what ive been thinking that map is like its made in this feeling like an onslaught game, people just go in the straightest line between the points, just point your car in that direction and hope it goes over the terrain ok... boulders arranged in a toylike way should spice things up, like there still is a botpath-clear way of going between the places, only you have to steer alot more...