UTXMP To Be Downloadable Ingame

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chu::LOB::

Nov 22, 2004
UTXMP To Be Downloadable Ingame?

First off:

XMP > Onslaught

Secondly -

Will the game be downloadable from with UT2004 from any server that allows downloads and is playing it? (like vctf)

Or will you have to download it as a separate package?

I don't need to say this, but your adoption rate (and the chance to have a larger community) is directly tied to this ability. I only ask because UT2004 Total Conversions don't seem to have alot of players (Red Orchestra?)

Of course, a 200mb UT2004 package might take a while to download :p

And honestly, I'm a TDM player who believes that XMP was the best Team Game I've ever played.

-chu::LOB::

Last edited:

Gumby

Pretty in Pink!
Feb 29, 2004
A long long way from home...
I may have / someone else may have asked this but is it gonna be a coversion where you run it by means of opening UT2004.exe -mod XMP or is it gonna be on the server select bit? ie where you have ctf/ons/tdm/dm/xmp?

:)

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Eat_my_shorts said:
I may have / someone else may have asked this but is it gonna be a coversion where you run it by means of opening UT2004.exe -mod XMP or is it gonna be on the server select bit? ie where you have ctf/ons/tdm/dm/xmp?

:)

I'm going to take a "wild stab in the dark" and say it should be similar to Red Orchestra, FragOps, NeoTokyo or just about any UT2k4 total conversion mod in that regard.

|pure|Destruction

Jan 22, 2004
"My friend Leigh-ann dreamt that she and I were in the tiki room in Disneyland, and you know how they have shows there? The show that night was Bob Saget, nude and Saran-wrapped, swinging on a vine through the tiki room and throwing paper umbrellas and landing them in people's drinks. If he missed, your drink was free!"

something I found reading a web site, just thought id share that. :D

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
|pure|Destruction said:
"My friend Leigh-ann dreamt that she and I were in the tiki room in Disneyland, and you know how they have shows there? The show that night was Bob Saget, nude and Saran-wrapped, swinging on a vine through the tiki room and throwing paper umbrellas and landing them in people's drinks. If he missed, your drink was free!"

something I found reading a web site, just thought id share that. :D

WTF? You l0st me... I think...