UTXMP Real-Time Matinee Movie Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Splinter

rifk
Feb 29, 2004
Over there!
Code:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2263 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (5672)

Failed to enter MOV-Promo-01: Can't find file 'MOV-Promo-01'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

:(

Apathy

The original
Apr 16, 2004
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I think it would be sweet if the UTXMP team created a benchmark program out of their work.
What better way would there be to really see what your system would do with the ut2k4 engine, the current benchmarks just do flybys with and without bots on maps that have a lot of detail.

Scene 1
Camera flys around an arti node.

Scene 2
Camera flys around a turret farm.

Scene 3
Big fight scene with vehicles flying by w/ a few gutblows added into the mix.

Scene 4
etc etc (you get the idea)

I thought of this because of how my system ran the movie, I have a P4 3.2ee and a 6800gt oc'd to 410/1100, I ran it in both gl and d3d and the results were nice with both but my fps dropped down to 60 in gl and 70 in d3d during the opening part of the movie.
When I run the normal benchmark my fps is well over 100 all the time.
U2xmp runs horribly, but then again I run 2x aa@1280x1024 max detail.
Funny thing is my previous video was a 9800xt and the 6800 runs u2xmp only slightly better
:rolleyes:

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
Bleeder said:
Hmmm, same problem as other people here. I sure hope the actual game isn't like this, or FMI is going to have like 10,000 people posting here on release day.

Because a movie not working on a minority of people's computers is a direct foreshadow as to how the game itself will run.

.. I mean, obviously.

Air7725

Urusai
Sep 10, 2003
England
www.free-monkey.com
[BBF]Mantik said:
Because a movie not working on a minority of people's computers is a direct foreshadow as to how the game itself will run.

.. I mean, obviously.

this error is something with the matinee You will not get this problem with utxmp full

(i blame raptor he did some werid matinee stuff ;) :p)

Splinter

rifk
Feb 29, 2004
Over there!
Splinter_xmp said:
Code:
UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2004-03-03_02.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2263 MHz with 255MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (5672)

Failed to enter MOV-Promo-01: Can't find file 'MOV-Promo-01'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

:(

what i mean by that was:

HELLLPPPPPP MEEE!!!!!

chipmunk

(NBK-Daft)
Nov 26, 2003
MA
www.clan-nbk.com
heya splinter, get rid of that old pos card asap. that's like a $90 card brand new (4 years ago). I don't know how you even run XMP with that thing :eek:

the rest of your machine is fine, but that card has been outdated for at least 2 years (and was heavily underpowered when it was released). I used to have it in my own machine when I first tried U2 single player and I couldn't get it to bump out any more than 20 fps.

I don't know if your card has anything to do with the error your getting, but I do know that it has ZERO support for hardware shaders and other "newer" DX8 commands. You can get a decent budget replacement card very cheap these days. In this day and age, it's a must. MX cards have always been crap.

edit - my dates are wrong, looks like that card came out a couple years ago, not 4. Also I used to have a GF2 MX 400, not a GF4 MX 440. But I did some research and pretty much everything else I said is true. The mx 440 wasn't supposed to even keep up with older GF3's when it was released. It's still a crappy card.

Last edited:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
I had aargh!, fragops troopers, clonebandits, RO, frag ops and ...I think that was it
I finally comepletely reinstalled 2k4 to get it to work..

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Air7725 said:
hmm some nasty mod was messing with your 2k4 then :/

Thing I couldn't find the Ui.u(utx?, I forget) in any of the mods, which is where people are getting problems. and noone seems to have the same mods installed.

What about the u2soliders skinpack? I know they are a bit screwy.