UTXMP=almost dead, but the forum is totally dead!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ericOner

Jan 1, 2005
heavy_wargod said:
not much ppl reading and replying posts huh?

tell us something new!

no bugfixing, which are deffo recommened, for a long period.

no wonder ppl leave this sucky mod to play more decent games

and stay with them, like me, i don't give a f*ck on u2xmp or utxmp

anymore. DEAD GAME!

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Síochán said:
Patience is a virtue :)

Definitely. I'm just biding my time while waiting for FMI to get the next patch out.

I'm pretty sure that the beta release was a good thing for them. We definitely provided enough feedback as to where things were heading.

Although I'm pretty sure everyone here wants to see some sort of news... Anything is good, except for more taunting and goofy pictures. Ideas: trailers, in game shots of new maps, a map list, updated changelog, footage of the female ranger in action, etc.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I feel sad for FMI

Still i wait for the final version with the same hud , souns and weapon , maybe bot support , if all these are chek , i map for it.

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
UTXMP IS NOT DEAD!!! i see more people playing it than any other ut2k4 mod ive downloaded except maby VCTF. and anyone who knows XMP, knows that it is WAY better than VCTF becasue now with UTXMP we can have the best of both ut2k4 and U2XMP. blasting away a cicada with a shotgun is a wonderfull feeling. UTXMP rocks

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
theomniproject said:
blasting away a cicada with a shotgun is a wonderfull feeling. UTXMP rocks

????

Are you sure we're playing the same mod here?

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
I've seen at least one server out there where someone has combined weapons, etc from utxmp into ut2k4. I'm sure there's more of that to come.

Last edited:

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
VCTF is a standard gametype built into UT2004. What you downloaded simply unlocked it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah UT2004 vehicles in XMP are for "fun" maps!!!!!!!!!! Also, using a freakin blocking volume for an invisible ceiling is NOT how you do it! Check out the UT2004 maps, they have something called "StallZ" in their level properties....I'm talking to you, mapper of XMP-Duene!!!!

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
theomniproject said:
UTXMP IS NOT DEAD!!! i see more people playing it than any other ut2k4 mod ive downloaded except maby VCTF. and anyone who knows XMP, knows that it is WAY better than VCTF becasue now with UTXMP we can have the best of both ut2k4 and U2XMP. blasting away a cicada with a shotgun is a wonderfull feeling. UTXMP rocks

ehm dude, always 0-3 players...
but I don't know how much in the evening though.

Jan 13, 2005
Tampa FL
www.
heavy_wargod said:
ehm dude, always 0-3 players...
but I don't know how much in the evening though.

maby you should join in for a game one night... we do have some hardcore xmp fans who play regularly, but we could use some more. I am off and on after 2pm eastern till maby midnight. or if i am missing a good game, IM me theomniproject@yahoo

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I love XMP but since so few people seem to be playing when I'm around, I, like the others, am biding my time for the next release.

The guys doing the Duffers mod SEEM to have dropped off the world, no news or new betas for quite a long time, but it's because they've stated they're totally revamping their mod, so I'm patiently waiting for THEM to retool and get back online, and just like XMP, I will support them when they do.

Last edited:

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Well the nice thing about UTXMP is that you don't need players. Just configure the server with 32 bots and sit back and enjoy the show.

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
MwahAHAHAHAA!

I am FAR too busy playing UTXMP to visit the forums and chit chat very much ;)

my yahoo is "fretboardmaniac"

If you add me... You will be able to tell when I am in game :-D

"We come in Peace... Do not run.. ACK AAAACK AAACK!"
"We want to be your friends... we want to engage in cultural exchange... ACK ACK AAAAACK ACK.. ACK!"
"Do not be afraid... We bring good tidings... ACK AAAAAAACK ACK! AAAAAACK!"

HEHEHEHEE.....

Too busy playin the UTXMP (far superior to U2XMP lol) Mod to UT2K4 for much more forum browsing.... So I just want to say:

FMI - You guys SO FREAKIN ROCK!!! \m/_ ( > .. < ) _\m/
Thank you! Thank YOU! Thaaaank You!
Take AAAAALL the time you want... this game ALREADY pwns U2XMP you have done a fantastic job. End of discussion lol.
I speak for MANY people (who have different schedules or we'd all be on all the time) when I say... UTXMP is already guaranteed BY POPULAR CONSENSUS WHEN IN GAME to be the biggest thing EVER to hit UT2K4....

"Halflife 2? what is that?! I got UTXMP!"

T-Shinzon

Sep 28, 2004
Yeah, and I assume that you think UTXMP looks better than Unreal Engine III? ;)

Nah, j/k. Personally still prefer U2; more players, smoother, crisper, and harder to duel. It would not be good for the majority of XMP players if FMI took 30 years to finish UTXMP, though. :lol:

Will try to play UTXMP again tonight...for a little while...

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
T-Shinzon said:
Yeah, and I assume that you think UTXMP looks better than Unreal Engine III? ;)

Nah, j/k. Personally still prefer U2; more players, smoother, crisper, and harder to duel. It would not be good for the majority of XMP players if FMI took 30 years to finish UTXMP, though. :lol:

Will try to play UTXMP again tonight...for a little while...

Please o please... describe your hardware configuration, any customization to ini files, any special operating system tweaks etc... the whole list PLEASE lol... I am actually somewhat deparate to understand HOW it is remotely possible for U2 to be "smoother" :p... So at a complete loss to "get it" lol... I think that the mechanics of movement are better geared per class in U2.. though have seldom heard anyone express the opinion that with even upper-average hardware it plays decently at all.... :p

Oh.. and DUDE.. I look fwd to hangin wit ya in game :D