UTExtra

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tuco[HaH]

InstaGib Player
Jul 2, 2004
Hamburg, Germany, Europe
hah-clan.org
Just checked UTExtra14B3. The bug that has annoyed players for months, that if you go from a UTExtra server to a non-UTExtra server that has cheat-protection like AntiTCC or SameGame running, you get kicked, and that you have to restart UT2004 to avoid that, is still not fixed.

Recently I've read that the cause for this is (well, it should have been obvious) that the UnrealEngine's garbage-collection doesn't collect something from the offending class. So it appears you have a reference count problem there, ProAsm. Perhaps circular references, whatever.

After too many complaints from our users, we've now removed UTExtra from our servers, until there is a beta or final with this bug fixed.

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
The problem is not really UTExtra . The problem is the unknown hash from the new UTExtra as the 14b3 was not existing as the current Version of AntiTcc has been released.

Mostly you'll find after a short while the hash codes on the Atari Forums ...

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok what is happening here is that UTExtra's ClientClass is not being removed by the Garbage collection routine and when the player joins another server AntiTCC thinks its a cheat.
This is not really anyone's fault simply because the player is crossing over at the beginning or the middle of a game with a server that has UTExtra on it.
Garbage collection routines only work on level changeover etc.

What I can do is add a 'self destruct' routine into the Clientclass if it sees that UTExtra is no longer present.
I did this with UT2Vote when we used to have the 'Incompatible Game Files' problem before Epic fixed it.

I will get a beta out tomorrow evening (Friday) so please test that and let me know if it fixes the problem.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
That did it I'm not getting the error any more
Thats very interesting, so changing servers looks like a level changeover to UT2004 as this is all I added:
Code:
function NotifyLevelChange()
{
    Master.RemoveInteraction(self);
}

Thanks ;)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
ok...running utextra12 with ut2vote50b3....cannot get mnu to come up... 'mutate utextra' right? I also tried the UTExtra button on the vote menu..but nothing...

does 14 use regular ut2voteskins or something else?

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
yes..it was a serverpackage issue..had caught before forgot to remove post... i don't have any issues with 12..the original part of the thread is gone..can you give me a summary of the issues?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I cannot remember the issues but I there were several reports about some issues when 3339 was released.
Also 12 had its code intact and I prefer it removed as others will use our BrightSkins etc... :)