UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

^_^

Dec 13, 2004
tooche'

I never really played assult in ut,I was in ut for pure killing.So I really cant say much about it.

I like 2k4 assult,but I doubt alot of the old schoolers would agree
IMO its the best thing to come from the game,a good move by epic
I even play 2k4 tdm to a point,but its just aggrivating to play
I do like the double jump and tricks,but changing the skins and adding 25% to maps wasnt the right way to do it,it makes everything feel wrong
Its allmost has a last minute feel ,like oh sh1t! im hitting the cieling and getting stuck on everything(easy fix)ok release it.
Not just changing the skins but many other things that didnt make it any better or any more fun
Allthough it did get more compeditive,that really wasnt a good thing imo, ut was more about friends and fun,helping new people,not throwing noob insults out or being a PR0 ass.
I miss the pre 2k3 ut :( It was a great time,alot of good people playing all excited about 2k3,,then it hit.

sorry guys
*me go plays utxmp*

Last edited:

Sn4tcH

Big Boss
Dec 13, 2004
www.freewebs.com
I also got UT99 a lil after 99, more like late 2000, early 2001. Anyways, my first real online gaming experience was with BF1942. Before then I was strictly into LAN gaming. I feared the internet, lol. But I lanned with UT99, Counter-strike, and quite a bit of Worms Armagedon. XD

But BF1942 was the first game I played online. And after having fun with that, I started playing 99 online finally. Around this time, 2K3 came out, and well... I played UT99 more... like most of us.

A year later, 2K4 comes out. Now whether you think ONS is inovative or not (Which I think it is, because it may be LIKE Conquest from 1942, it's not 1942 in anyway. Did 1942 have a Deemer? Did 2K4 have Nazis?) The linking system changed the gameplay a lot from conquest, whether you admit it or not. I could see maybe an 1942 player being able to use a couple strategies, but... the games are too different? And what's so wrong with borrowing from popular games? If I was a game developer I would go, "Well, people like this from this game, this from this game, and this from OUR game. Why don't we put this all together?"

And Epic did that, and has entirely too many Multi-player game of the year awards... I think the proof that the game is great is right there.

^_^

Dec 13, 2004
most bf maps were so well built they didnt need linking to centralize battles
also 64 players per map

I played a hell of alot of DC before people started getting in the walls,thats a great game

2k4 is a good game too
If I wouldnt have been spoiled by ut,and dissappointed with 2k3,I would have loved 2k4 :lol:
well at least more than i do now

Predcaliber

One Day I'l Beat Lauke
Jun 17, 2003
The Netherlands
www.predcaliber.com
It would be good if this rumour could be true, but I really dont think Epic will do it.
Not to bash ut2k3 Hal, but I still wanted to say that I was very dissapointed when I played it. :( :tdown:
I still dont understand the Lightning gun, why did they ever replace it with the sniper?
However I had some hope when I played the 2k4 demo, when hearing tunes from the original UT theme song, and saw the 'return of the sniper' :)

However I still find that not good enough to give up the original UT, that is something that I will never do. :tup:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That's funny because just bout everyone that stuck out the series now hates theSniper Rifle beyond all belief and prefers the Lightning.

^_^

Dec 13, 2004
the lg does indeed rock,it took some getting use to but the fast weapon switch with a shock rifle made me a believer
The 2k4 snipers sucks as much ass as it possibly could,so there really no fall back,you have to learn to love the lg

Still id rather play ut with a sniper and get headshots all day long :)