UT99 on Vista - Minor issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
I just installed UT GOTYE on my laptop. I started the game and everything was going incredibly fast, even the intro. I turned the 'game speed' down to 50% and now its normal but when I move through the game it will occasionally slow down and then go back to regular spe'ed. I have Windows Vista Home Premium on a Compaq Presario v6000 with an AMD athlon 64 x2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 1.90 GHz" (copy/pasted from my system info). It probably won't ruin my gameplay, but it is annoying. Help is appreciated.

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
Thanks, should've used the search but I always end up searching the search results with Google. I'll try using just one core first and see how that ends up.

16MentalTempest

Out to lunch.
Mar 31, 2008
Okay, the speed problem is fixed but whenever I move the game slows down and returns to normal speed still. Its like when I move forward it goes 100%, slows to around 75-85% speed, and then returns to 100%. I changed some of the video settings like color bit and resolution, but I know the laptop can handle them easily. Maybe its lag, but its not like 'choppy' lag either.

EDIT: Fixed the problem by using the software render rather than OpenGL or DirectX. Video sucks, but compensated with higher resolution and 32 bit color.

Last edited: