1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.ut4mod file won't install

Discussion in 'Bugs/Troubleshooting' started by johnham, Aug 24, 2004.

1. johnham

johnham New Member

Here's my error message:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-07-27_14.28]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 2607 MHz with 511MB RAM
    Video: RADEON 9800 PRO (6451)

General protection fault!

History: CheckTag <- LoadSummary <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Help?

2. Al[Demiurge]

Al[Demiurge] New Member

Interesting, we haven't seen that one yet. Have you installed other mods from ut4mods before? Did that work?

3. johnham

johnham New Member

I cannot specifically say what I installed with umod before, but I have Jailbreak, Alien Swarm, Red Orchestra, and Frag.Ops already installed.

So far, I'm completely befuddled.

4. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

I'm having a problem. I installed the umod in what appears to be successfully. However, when I go to the community/mods section and try to activate Clone Bandits, UT2004 restarts but not running Clone Bandits.

5. Al[Demiurge]

Al[Demiurge] New Member

Clone Bandits is a bit different than most other mods. We didn't spend time making menus and such, instead focusing on content and other polish. You'll find the mod in the same pulldowns as "Onslaught" and "CTF". Launch it as you would a regular ut2004 game.

-Al

6. MÆST

MÆST Active Member

bah, my bad. I thought I checked that pulldown but I have too much stuff installed and didn't think to scroll.