UT3 Weapons (Enforcer)...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Skaxis

Oct 25, 2003
Everett, WA
Visit site
:)

The Enforcer multi-fire has too wide a spread, the Stinger is way over-powered and spammy, my favourite is the Bio secondary which is an excellent way to get a cool kill, Rocket and Link comes in second.

I get a kick out of seeing someone hung by their foot stuck to a wall by my alt-fire stinger XD

Peeps are destined to die a lot in this game by virtue of "spammy"ness but sometimes that is half the fun at least for me. Nothing like being in a cramped room and Frag after Frag you are still alive while everyone around you is turning into Giblets....

siRtobey

Jan 31, 2008
Yet still cheap, especially for 1 vs 1 games or in cramped maps like BioHazard.

Who playes 1on1 matches on biohazard? ;)
IMO the map is one of the reasons, why on LANs in Switzerland suck ;)

The Enforcer is a weapon I don't really like. 20 dmg is much, but I'd rather have 15 or 12, but more accurate...

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
Who playes 1on1 matches on biohazard? ;)
IMO the map is one of the reasons, why on LANs in Switzerland suck ;)

The Enforcer is a weapon I don't really like. 20 dmg is much, but I'd rather have 15 or 12, but more accurate...

Haha then you haven't played first UT much where four (25 hp per each) hits took opponent with 100 health easily down :).

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Jugg'd enforcers are, imo, the most lethal short-mid ranged weapon in the game.

The problem is finding a second enforcer, a uDam, and a berserk in a short time frame...

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
I don't like the Enforcer much - I always switch to the Impact Hammer instead.

As for the dual Enforcers, I can't help but feel mirroring them is hideous and just plain cheap. There should have been meshes with the correct facing. Guns don't magically invert themselves to match which hand they're held in, you know.

The clip holder is on both sides. You just flip the side the clip is on when you pick up the second one (or at least it's assumed that you do.) Besides, it's more balanced visually and as far as weight goes.

Last edited:

Bishop F Gantry

Aug 18, 2004
the bio rifle, and any other weapon are SUPPOSE TO be better than the Enforcer. what would be the point in trying to get weapons, ammo, hold certain key points of a map, anything like that for that matter if the weapon you spawned with was just as powerful, if not more powerful than anything you could pick up? it would be dumb and stupid, the point of the enforcer is to have something to fight with until you can find your self a better weapon.

+ don't dis the bio, it is an insanely powerful weapon (second strongest in terms of amount of max damage it can give) you just have to have good aim with it, as long as you can nail your shots, its an insta kill every time (assuming u full charge your weapon)

Shouldnt the point of picking up another weapon be because you like to use it, not be forced to use it because its the stronger weapon.

If a game is supposed to be controlled by a few keypoints the rest of the map is fairly redundant and unescerry work noo?

Youll run out of ammo for Enforcers sooner or later either requiring you to pick up new ammo for them or pick another weapon.

siRtobey

Jan 31, 2008
Haha then you haven't played first UT much where four (25 hp per each) hits took opponent with 100 health easily down :).

Ok, you're right in 2 points. I haven't played much UT and compared to that it's not really much. Still, compared to the (unbelievable sh***y) assault rifle in 2k3/4 it is quite much. So, I still stick with the thought of reducing damage for more accuracy...

I don't know UT much, but enough to know, that balancing was different in many ways. So, more dmg with the enforcer? Oh, I wouldn't say no to that, but thinking of the way the game is balanced (IMO pretty well) it'd may be better to increase accuracy, but to decrease damage aswell...

Anyway, I'm not a fan of the enforcer the way it is now...:rolleyes:

I'm very underwhelmed by the UT3 enforcer. It feels very weak and leaves you defenseless when spawning. Unless you're some kind of tweaked out head shot hitscanning freak, you don't make it to any weapons usually.

I seriously hoped there was no way a game could be any more spawn rape friendly than Ut2k4, but then UT3 comes and proves me wrong.

Imho, the enforcer needs some grenades to spam to get ppl off you when they're camping the spawns and weapon pickups.

I've also done some testing and find that all my shots land significantly to the right of my cursor. The only weapons that hit where they're supposed to are the sniper and the Link alt fire for some reason. So yeah, none of UT3's weapons impress me really for this reason alone. I'm waiting and hoping the 1.3 patch will fix some of this crap. .. maybe 1.4.. or 32.5.. eventually.. maybe. /shrug

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
I'm very underwhelmed by the UT3 enforcer. It feels very weak and leaves you defenseless when spawning. Unless you're some kind of tweaked out head shot hitscanning freak, you don't make it to any weapons usually.

I seriously hoped there was no way a game could be any more spawn rape friendly than Ut2k4, but then UT3 comes and proves me wrong.

Imho, the enforcer needs some grenades to spam to get ppl off you when they're camping the spawns and weapon pickups.

I've also done some testing and find that all my shots land significantly to the right of my cursor. The only weapons that hit where they're supposed to are the sniper and the Link alt fire for some reason. So yeah, none of UT3's weapons impress me really for this reason alone. I'm waiting and hoping the 1.3 patch will fix some of this crap. .. maybe 1.4.. or 32.5.. eventually.. maybe. /shrug

Duh, don't use the enforcer right when you spawn, use the impact hammer. You can usually get a full charge up while you're under spawn protection, and by then you've got a one-hit-kill weapon and are generally near a bigger gun.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected

All weapons in UT3 and UT2004 fire slightly to the fight if you have right hand on, slightly to the left with left hand.

And after spawn, if someone jumps in front of you, try the burst mode for a quick take down. Usually works for me.

Asura

May 3, 2008
I would say that, despite having played very little of UT3, my first impression, seeing that UT2k4's Assault Rifle and Shield Gun had gone did disappoint me. I found in the previous games that there was a massive amount of skill involved, but despite that, if mastered, one could use those two weapons very effectively. Using the Shield Gun to breakfall and using the grenade launcher on the assault rifle added a lot to the game.

Generally speaking I like FPS games where there aren't weapon "tiers", but rather every weapon is very effective. It's one of the many things I like about Halo 3, in that you usually spawn with a very effective weapon.

Of course, it all depends on the proximity of the spawn points in a map to weapon pickups; if they're generally close by then this is somewhat moot.

Zennex

The almighty w00tfish
Jul 14, 2004
YOUR FACE!
I agree that enforcer needs an accuracy boost, but I kill pplz all the time with it. It's so satisfying to waste someone with an enfrocer, when they're coming at you with flak and rockets.

Mabz

Mar 31, 2005
enforcers rock, i hated the design at first but i can't wait to pick up a secondary one in BioHazard.