UT3 UT3 Jailbreak [PC] [beta] [download]

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Still riding the "Zombie Horse"
lol well if your going the uncooked route im not going to be much good for you anyway, as my uncooked are 200-300MB for all my maps :p lol

Running short on bandwidth atm with all the MSU4 stuff out but look fwd to grabbing the beta of this later in the month :)

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
i guess you could always put all your custom content into a seperate package and cook that while leaving your map uncooked. that way your custom content (esp textures) would be compressed while your map would still be uncooked.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
well the point I was making is it isn't even always good for compression (especially when zip compression works better with the uncooked map than the cooked). Cooking really seems to cause nothing but trouble and doesn't even really result in the "faster loading" suggested in unrealed's tooltip.

At any rate, this will only be a problem when we release an update. It is very likely people will have to download the whole thing again (and there would be no network compatibility, so the update would be mandatory)

Last edited:

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
but what if it gets pushed over a redirect? i dont know how the ut compressed format compares to 7z for example. then cooking at least custom content like meshes and textures would maybe help.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
frankly, I'd have to say being able to patch the mod is better than saving a few megabytes in download sizes.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
nonono, you are not getting what im saying. if you have a map with A LOT of custom content (meshes, materials) you could put them into a SEPERATE package (not into the map file) and cook that file. the map itself reamins uncooked, just uses the cooked content of the seperate package. as the map itself is uncooked you could always update the mod as no relevant data is in the cooked seperate package.

all this doesnt apply if you dont have a lot of custom content ofc.

Larkin

Gone
Apr 4, 2006
This definitely is just what I was waiting for. :D I love how you got the game to report on locations of the player. I have to admit I was worried it would be like CTF where it’s anyone’s guess where anyone is. I also love how you used the radar to also help in this.

bugs to report..

After a round where the last player on the losing team kills themselves that player will get credit for the last kill in the rounds after until a player from either team kills the entire other team. After that everything returns to normal. Killing the entire other team however isn't all that likely so usually it never returns to normal.

I noticed that after a round/match regardless if you lost or won it reports that all players are dead. Not a huge problem, but still, I feel it should report only the losing team as dead.

---
Problem with bots

When all bots that are set to attack die the bots set to defend won't change to freelance or attack, but instead just continue to defend. Kind of annoying having to set them to freelance or attack so I have some support.

Last edited:

FragTastic

Hitscanned
Nov 10, 2008
Still riding the "Zombie Horse"
I see where your coming from biohazard the archive for pentecost. Is a 188MB unpublished archive and a 60MB cooked (50MB archive), The map is almost completely custom content. The only prob with your method is its an extra package, which server owners generally hate. However its one of those sits. where its not gunna be possible to please everybody and i thought yours was a good idea. Apparently most unpubs. archive to a similar size to a cooked map anyhows ;) Mines just such a fatty coz its got almost no stock content in it i think :( Stuff like reducing texture size externally rather than using LODing would help too i guess ;)

Anyhow if your mappers work around the situation they are unlikely to end up with a situation like mine :)

Last edited:

haarg

PC blowticious
Apr 24, 2002
Over there
Extra packages aren't really a problem for server admins. They already have to deal with multiple files in UT3, and any added packages don't need to be in any particular directory so it doesn't add any burden to install them.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
Found a Bug

Somehow the Door on ''Mice and Men''' stayed open for the Red team and i had to escape my own jail.
(ghost) and release the enemy Team manually for it to close again.