UT2Vote48 Difficulties

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Profound_Darkness

Jan 4, 2005
I am not quite sure what is going on or where I could possibly be at fault but here goes.

When I add the following line generated by gamemake3 w/no modifications to the [UT2Vote48.UT2VoteGameTypes] section:
GameType=(GameName="RPG DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="RPGDM.xDeathMatch",Mutators="UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG, DruidsRPG139.ScoreFix",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?FF=0?GameSpeed=1.00?NumBots=1")

And then start the server and join with a client I get some wierdness. For one thing when my health hits below 0 I am still alive and can shoot but cannot hurt anyone. For two if I open the voting menu (giving it ample time to propigate information) there is nothing there, no maps, mutators, gametypes, nothing (well the UI is there).

If I leave that line out then UT2Vote works just dandy.

NOTE: the server starts up as a plain deathmatch game (DefaultGame=XGame.xDeathMatch)

That line is unaltered from gamemake and the U, Ucl, and Int files are left alone as well. No errors or warnings during that.

The related server packages are referenced in the ut2004.ini file since RPG is common enough to always be pushed off on clients and I have the mutators installed localy on my machine (the client). (if that makes any difference).

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
What is happening here is the Game you are extending to is a Custom game and it looks like it starts by using the -mod= in its startup line and has its own folders etc.
Unfortuneately there is nothing we can do about this as Epic slipped up bad here by excluding mutators from being compatible with these -mod= type custom games.
The UT2Vote Team tried every trick in the book to solve this problem with not much luck.

Profound_Darkness

Jan 4, 2005
<reads the post>...
<reads it again>...

huh?

Sorry but somehow that didn't make much sense to me (could be just 'cause it's late for me)...

What I am trying to do is create another deathmatch variant but have it use mutators that aren't in the votable list.

In gamemake3 (the app that generated the problem line) I selected to start off with deathmatch (comes with ut2k4) and use a pair of custom mutators (RPGv2 w/ Druid's addon and Druid's scorefix mutator). Since ut2vote doesn't allow you to have a gametype hapen twice (unless I missread something) I tried to create another deathmatch entry hidden behind gamemake's RPGDM item.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
ahh ok, I was under the impression you extended a custom game so scrap that post.
Its just that the problem you are explaining is exactly what happens when we have that custom game senario and have never heard of it happening any other time.
Only thing I can suggest is try adding the Mutators to the [UT2Vote48.UT2VoteMutators] list but set HideVote=True

If that still does not work, we gonna need all the muts and stuff and see if we can get the problem here before fixing it.

Last edited:

Profound_Darkness

Jan 4, 2005
[Edit]
Completely rewrote this post an hour or so after posting since there are some new issues... I dumped most of the seemingly irrelivant stuff (like before I realized that it wasn't just with scorefix as an issue).

Imaginos: All packages that should require server packages have their lines in the ut2004.ini file. I haven't added anything to the votepackages section since ut2004.ini file should have that taken care of already (unless I misunderstood something somewhere).

[Update]
<sigh> Why do I feal like I have chased a wild goose...
I don't know for sure anymore if my servermut line ever worked pre-scorefix to be honest...

Here is where I am at: A largely default UT2Vote.ini file (yep, a link).

[edit]
btw:
by 'This works' I mean that I can kill and be killed, don't know if the mutators are actualy working though since I mostly wasn't testing for that.
by 'this does not' I mean that I canot be killed (negative hitpoints but I can still move around, sometimes, and shoot. so can the bots, they don't die).
[/edit]

This works:
ServerMuts=XGame.MutSpeciesStats

This works:
ServerMuts=Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo, Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo

This does not:
ServerMuts=XGame.MutSpeciesStats, Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo, Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo

This does not:
ServerMuts=Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo, Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo, XGame.MutUDamageReward

This works:
ServerMuts=XGame.MutUDamageReward

This does not:
ServerMuts=XGame.MutUDamageReward, AkimboArena2004.MutAkimboArena

This works but the mutator isn't active:
ServerMuts=AkimboArena2004.MutAkimboArena

too many mutators issue? I had the impression that the limit was a bit higher than 2 or 3...

As a random last test I tried running the server from the commandline with the following line:
ucc server DM-TrainingDay?Game=XGame.XDeathmatch?Mutator=AkimboArena2004.MutAkimboArena,Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo,XGame.MutUDamageReward,Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9 -log=server.log

This worked (although it reported that it couldn't find the MutPintSizeCombo)
The only difference here is when I start the server with ut2vote the only mutator is for ut2vote (?Mutator=UT2Vote48.UT2VoteX). Even Akimbo worked.

I am at a loss at this point as to where to go to next... Gonna stop tsing for now and see if anyone has any ideas.

Last edited:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
First off, you realize there shouldn't be any spaces after the commas in that list of servermuts and the gametype line as well?

Next, the votepackages allow for automatic adding and removing of serverpackages for voted muts and mods. If you intend to run 3rd party muts as servermuts at all times, it's ok that you have them in the ut2004.ini since they need to be there anyway.

The spaces alone may have been the prob.. take a look.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This does not:
ServerMuts=XGame.MutSpeciesStats, Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo, Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo
As Imaginos says, thats because you have a SPACE seperating the Mutators in each case.

Also you can have as many Mutators as you like in the startup command line, but unless they are in the ServerMuts= they will get dumped.

Btw: UT2Vote allows 50 Mutators and 50 Games in total.

Profound_Darkness

Jan 4, 2005
<various obscene noises>
I can't believe I didn't see that, I even read about that problem and still didn't see that my seperators were comma space and not just comma.

<sigh>
Sorry for bringing up an old problem, it is working dandy, and between ut2vote and the help I got reguarding the maplist (bots) I think this server will be about what I have wanted setup for quite a while (and probobly the players will like it a lot as well).

Thanks for your time.