[ut2k4] Vehicle Pathing Problem...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Call me Erdrik

Arch Mage
Nov 24, 1999
Spring Hill, FL, USA
www.geocities.com
k, I've been working on a mid sized Onslaught map, which a simple link design.
I have an outer path that lead to each base (a left path and a right path).
midway in on the outer path another path leads to a central area. with nodes leading out from the left and right path:
Code:
        o__
        /  \
       o|-o-|o
        \__/
            o
Something like that. and the link setup is:
Code:
        o___
            \
    o---o---o
     \____
          o
... I hope thats understandable lol :p
Anywho the problem is that I don't what the vehicles to go into the central area. I tried placing DrivingNodes only on the outer path, but they still drove throu the central area. So I placed an elevtor at the paths leading to the central area. this does prevent the vehicles from getting in but the bots still drive up to the elevator. this blocks the elevator, delaying the bots, progress to the central node. also this makes it easy for the enemy bots (or players) to steal that vehicle ... I need to know of a way to prevent bots from taking vehicles down a path or making a bot only want to goto the node on foot. I also want to do this with out adding an elevator as I think it crapifies the flow of the map...
Any help would be great thnx in adv :)

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
you may be sure all the vehicle path nodes are white , and the doors (entrance) to the bsp base is wide enought ... so bot are capricious ..... you must live whit it

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I don't feel like reading through this to see if it touches on your problem, but give it a shot. Maybe it has the information you need. It's helped me before numerous times, and it might just be the best tutorial I've ever read. Even if it doesn't have the specific information you need, there's a lot of stuff in here you should know anyway.

http://blitz.unrealplayground.com/tutorials/bots.html

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
path trough the middle may not be white
they might always try and attempt to take smaller vehicles to cross it
its possible to add a blockingvolume blocking only actorclass vehicle and everything under it, examine the blocking volume properties