UE3 - UT3 UT2k4 Booster effect with kismet

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UTNOVA

French cat under acid
Dec 8, 2008
France
sebastiennova.wordpress.com
Hi everybody,

I try to make a booster-powerup only with kismet.

I have made a kismet sequence who is very close to the result I want.

The booster effect is activated by a trigger volume (where is suposed to be the booster powerup mesh) and give among of health (5 per 0.2 sec) to the player/bot who enter the volume and during 15 sec.

The triggervolume is activate the first time after 60 sec of the level startup. And the trigger volume has a retriggerable delay of 1:30 min.

But I want the duration of the effect can be increase each time the boosted-player kill someone (5 sec bonus per kill for example) like in ut2k4.

I just need help to add the red stuffs I point on the picture below, but no idea how...

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1042/kismetbooster2ky8.jpg

Any help will be apreciate ;)

Thx in advance.

Last edited:

_N_

addicted to mapping
May 23, 2008
Canada
I know there's an event for a Pawn's death under the "pawn" category in New Event, but the tricky part is finding out when a pawn kills another pawn... The only thing I can figure is that maybe you could use the "get Property" action to try to somehow get how many kills the pawn has and see if it's gone up since last time... You may need to ask some UScript gurus though...

UTNOVA

French cat under acid
Dec 8, 2008
France
sebastiennova.wordpress.com
I know there's an event for a Pawn's death under the "pawn" category in New Event, but the tricky part is finding out when a pawn kills another pawn... The only thing I can figure is that maybe you could use the "get Property" action to try to somehow get how many kills the pawn has and see if it's gone up since last time

Eh thx,
I will try that way ;)