UT2k3 model problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Apoptoid

Mar 2, 2004
Hi everybody!
I could solve a lot of problems during modelling by searching this board. It is really a great help, thanks to all! But for my actual problem I couldn`t find any solution yet. Hopefuly someone can help me. I made a custom model with custom skeleton in Maya, exported to UnrealED, applied the sockets and linked up all my animations. Everything worked fine except when I shoot with the big guns, like rocket launcher or ALT-fire Flake. Although the weapon position is o.k. the bullets don`t come out of the weapon, but start near the head. It looks like a scaling problem, because I had the same thing with the shoulder coronas for the team colors. They appeared far above the model, but I could adjust this by the transition of the shoulder sockets. Is there a socket that defines the spawn point of the bullets? Maybe something like a flash-point? I also tried to resize the model in KAT, but without any effect. Has anybody an idea?

coolhead2100

The one ping to rule them all
If im not mistaked the firing effects are spawned at a dummby bone that is found next to the hand bone. I think your are experiencing this with only a few weapons is because they use a different animation than the normal 'burst' animation sequence. Look for a different one and see if you can adjust something there.

Apoptoid

Mar 2, 2004
Thanks for your tip, but I couldn`t solve the problem yet. As far as I know the spawning points for muzzle flash and bullets are defined by the weapons itself (bone_flash and bone_flash02). The default UT skeletons have no dummy bone near the weapon_bone. I tried to define some sockets like bone_flash, bone_tip etc. but without any effect. I attach a picture of my model while shooting, maybe its clearer then. As you can see, the weapon position and the muzzle flash (arrow) are positioned ok.

shoot.jpg