[UT2k3] 2 minor things, Splashscreen/MainMenu Music

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
We're almost ready to release the 1st beta of our mod, but i'm running into minor problems at the end.

1) I can't seem to find any reference to the UT2003 Startup logo.
I've searched trough code and ini files, but no luck :(

2) The same goes for the main menu music, where is it started?
Nowhere in GuiController, not found in GUI_Mainmenu....

There must be people who know this. (I could have started 2 topics, but I felt like 2 small questions could fit in 1)

Dexter13

The Coding Machine
Dec 18, 2001
Visit site
Okie doke,

1) u need to make your logo (256 colurs) and place it on your help folder, then, in your shortcut to your mod, use the following parameters: -userlogo=YourLogo.bmp

2) The main menu music is actually music from the 'entry' level, so make your own and specify it in your INI.

Dex.

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
For #1) Make a short cut for you mod using the UMOD wizard and ensure the commad line looks like so:
C:\UT2003\System\UT2003.exe -UserLogo=MyLogo.bmp

Tynan

Person
Jan 13, 2003
The Gutter
www.planetunreal.com
I would much like to know how to replace menu music as well. I played Marble Madness and they managed to do it like this in their INI file:

[xInterface.ExtendedConsole]
(some stuff)
MusicManagerClassName=OGGPlayer.UT2OGGMenu

[OGGPlayer.UT2OGGMenu]
PlayList=(bRepeat=False,bShuffle=False,Current="Marble-Schwa1",Songs=())

Marble-Schwa1 is their song. I tried to do the same thing, but lo and behold, after much wailing and gnashing of teeth, I found out that UT was resetting my song value to the default every time I start the game!

How do you change the menu music?