UT2007World Filemirror once again hacked

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
Well, people dont seem to like if a website gives something to the community. The server with the redirect and Beyondunreal Filemirror has been hacked once again.

Support thought it was some "illegal" content trigger which stopped the server to work but the IT manager found out that the server has been hacked since those "trigger" are not active on the account I have had.

Anyway, I guess since certain people are banned on this forum but still able to connect to INA, they thought it is THEIR OPPORTUNITY to call this "payback time" ..

But guys, guess who you have hurt with that, not me, since I dont even have a server anymore, I am in no need of a redirect server. And since I have mostly a ping about 1000 to all server, I dont need to have all maps etc.

You did not hurt me, you hurt the community. This is simply childisch.

The filemirror has now been hacked the third time. Since I dont want to make false promisses again, I will bring one up maybe when Unreal Tournament 2007 is released and same with the redirect server.

Of course only on two conditions :

1. I find a secure hoster
2. I know how to prevent those attacks

So, I am really sorry about that and Idiots : Well done !

IF someone knows a good way to prevent this, please let me know..

Zenny

I'm gonna steal your girlfriend.
Mar 14, 2003
Washington DC
That's really too bad, Do you know how exactly the server was hacked? was everything up to date? I hope you'll reconsider your decision, I'm sure we can find one or two linux gurus who would be more then happy to secure the server

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
They only hack because there gay.

Think about it. If you tell a girl that you hacked something, they go "Ummm...ok".
But if you tell a guy you hacked somthing, they say "cool"

So these hackers think there "cool". But there just gay.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
BITE_ME said:
They only hack because there gay.

Think about it. If you tell a girl that you hacked something, they go "Ummm...ok".
But if you tell a guy you hacked somthing, they say "cool"

So these hackers think there "cool". But there just gay.
lol nice theory.

Sorry to here the news. Sad that people feel the need to hack at all really, doesn't achieve anything particularly cool.
About as cool as running around going "hahahahaha i pirated windowz 1111omg"

Bazzi

Wearing pink
Apr 22, 2001
Germany
www.bazzinet.info
Well, there should really be more security related actions be taken when "hackers" succeed to hack it for the third time.

Were everything unnecessary firewalled?

SSH deactivated when appropriate?

Everything uptodate?

No web administration pretend-to-be-software like confixx used?

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
I don't get it, redirect server as in maps? or the game isn't even out yet so why would anyone care to bother hacking, Somthing else ,I guess I should go read about it, but if it's ut2007, why the hell like next year, seems all this stuff should start like the end of this year.

)bee(scarbelly.nl

Feb 15, 2006
holland
richardmoust.googlepages.com
utw-Mephisto said:
Well, people dont seem to like if a website gives something to the community. The server with the redirect and Beyondunreal Filemirror has been hacked once again.

Support thought it was some "illegal" content trigger which stopped the server to work but the IT manager found out that the server has been hacked since those "trigger" are not active on the account I have had.

Anyway, I guess since certain people are banned on this forum but still able to connect to INA, they thought it is THEIR OPPORTUNITY to call this "payback time" ..

But guys, guess who you have hurt with that, not me, since I dont even have a server anymore, I am in no need of a redirect server. And since I have mostly a ping about 1000 to all server, I dont need to have all maps etc.

You did not hurt me, you hurt the community. This is simply childisch.

The filemirror has now been hacked the third time. Since I dont want to make false promisses again, I will bring one up maybe when Unreal Tournament 2007 is released and same with the redirect server.

Of course only on two conditions :

1. I find a secure hoster
2. I know how to prevent those attacks

So, I am really sorry about that and Idiots : Well done !

IF someone knows a good way to prevent this, please let me know..

just ask the administrators if thy have a hardware firewall or not i think a hardware firewall is the best.ofcourse thy have too update that also (firmware),this is the safest way too run a sever best regardz :
)bee(scarbelly.nl

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
This is not worth the efford tbh. I pay basicially for everything myself (traffic, hosting etc.) and paying additional for a hardware firewall is simply not possible.. Therefore I had to suspend the mirror ...