UT2004 - Skin - SAH - Antiphates

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think about Antiphates?

• :tup:

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • :hmm:

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Skin/Model Name: Antiphates
UT(99/2k3/2k4): UT2004 retail+
System Requirements: None specified / Not applicable
Author: SAH
Download: SkinCity 1.67MB

Screenshot:

Support (SP/MP/Both): Multiplayer (and as the player's character in SP)
Support (Team Colours) (None/2/4): 2
Known Issues: None
Additional Info:

A highly animated modification of Cyclops. The name Antiphates is Greek for Cyclops fyi ;)

Additional Info

Editors Used: Adobe Photoshop, uPaint, UnrealEd

REVIEW

SAH's a very talented individual in my eyes. Having already created a number of skins which I list among my personal favourites for 2k4, SAH's now taken a xan model (thankfully not the teapot) and made him into a lean, mean, animated fighting machine. Where textures are concerned there are little differences to the default but nothing major. Some areas appear to be taken out though I'm not sure what they are. This is really taking an otherwise dull character and bringing him to life with some serious animation. He now looks and operates more like a machine in the Tournaments.

The Good:

I'll start with the bio as it describes this character to a T. "Antiphates eternally executes his prime directive. Unbound by thoughts of any kind. Unbound by conscience. Unbound by fatigue. Unbound by pain. PRIME DIRECTIVE: SEEK, TARGET, FIRE, KILL" That really sums this guy up. His abilities in the .upl are just about maxed out in a few areas so he's a formidable opponent though a great team mate also as a result. So, enough about the guy what about how he looks?

The animation on the character is top notch with a great deal of it going through the entire character. Not too much which many people mistakenly do so it's just enough to make the character interesting without going overboard and ruining the whole thing. Generally this kind of thing requires a lot more work than regular skins and getting everything right is to be commended.

Team colours are perfect with the blue character looking best imho.

Character bio is in the readme for entry into xplayers.int (note if 2k4 is patched later, this will need to be re-entered as every patch removes any custom entries here). My advice, always keep a backup file of every entry you've had to enter.

Finally, the ReadMe instructions re. installation are easy to follow. Even I get an undeserved mention. Thanks SAH.

The Bad:

LOD settings aren't set so character detail will have no effect. People with lower world detail won't appreciate the character as much. I'm unsure about the fallback material on the body being the shader for the head? Texture changes would've been nice but we can't have everything.

The Bottom Line:

A very nice addition to the 2k4 roster. Fans of this model will love this character now that's he's been given the SAH treatment. Check him out if you haven't already :tup:

TOTAL SCORE 7.15/10

SAH said:
Enjoy. And remember...

It's only a game!

SAH

Last edited: