UT2004 - Skin - Heroic

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of this skin?

• :tup:

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • :hmm:

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
Name: Heroic
System Requirements: Unreal Tournament 2004 (v3339+)
Type: Skin for Merc Male (original model)
Author: Klasnic
Teamcolors: 4
Additional Info:
Character is choosable for player`s character in SinglePlayer-mode.
Character can`t be chosen as teammate in SinglePlayer-mode.
The skills are raised to advanced standarts.
A new race (Storm) is used.
Default Human male voice.
Known Issues: There might be some online issues with the new species (see readme or klasnic`s posting beneath for further details)
Download: Skincity - 3,88 MB
Screenshot:

Heroic - A competitor on an extasy trip:

This is the updated version of Klasnic`s very first try in skinning and also a dismissed member of his Storm pack (currently queued in the official KTSL - Klas`-To-Skin-List).
Definitaly another "must-have" (and not only for historical purposes).

The pros:
As always the suit is really well designed, the (4) teamcolors are working good and the effects are once more very well done.
Obviously this guy has some serious problems with drugs (extasy or speed, at the moment we are not sure but investigations are in progress) and has surprised me in the first match with his frog-like jumps, I consider that a funny gimmick.
It`s always fascinating which ideas Klas has for his skins. I suppose he has skinned almost every (original) model now.

The cons:
(You guessed it,) The portrait is a little bit to small for me, I know this is nothing new or surprising but my point of view.
The new species has also it`s down sides:
You can`t choose him as teammate in SP and some Species Statistics fanatics will surely make him a mercenery for a balanced play. I don`t mention the online issues at this moment (see the readme or klasnic`s posting beneath for further details)
I don`t know if the tigh pads are supposed to look that way, but I think that`s a small prob with the model not fitting the texture exactly (like all standart chars in UT2k3) - take a look at the screenshot below for further details (btw, I first noticed that after getting Loric`s CBP2-skins).
If it`s ment to be that way, these lines have never been written...

Words by reviewer:
That`s another solid skin by klasnic and should be added to your personal klasnic collection immediately.
klasnic, this name stands for high quality skins, if not already happened you should now go back to Skincity or klasnic`s Site and get all his other works!

Total Score: 7.5/10

Last edited by a moderator:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Thanks for the review again, MäxX. Not much I can do about the thigh area as that's the way the model is - I noticed that a long time ago too ;)

About species well, this character's species as with all of mine work fine online once UT2004 is patched to 3339 or later. I don't support anything but that. Mutators by other authors are not my concern. Epic allowed species with that patch and some ppl thought it intelligent to not allow them with a mutator. That said, there are no issues with AntiTCC and issues with SafeGame can be overcome (info in the readme is only there to tell people - it's not my job to tell people how to configure mutators).

To quote vertigo "here ends the lesson" :)

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
MäxX said:
....and some Species Statistics fanatics will surely make him a mercenery for a balanced play.....
Fanatics like me :)
I like this skin, I always play with species stats turned on and so I switched it back to "normal" merc to keep the natural balance alive

Another great skin, my congrats to klasnic!

Total Score: 7.75/10

Last edited by a moderator: