UT2004 - Skin - DaLoonie - Bane

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think of this skin?

• :tup:

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • :hmm:

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Skin/Model Name: Bane Willsmurf Formuni :lol:
UT(99/2k3/2k4): UT2004 retail+ (should work exactly the same in UT2003, looking at it)
System Requirements: None specified / Not applicable
Author: DaLoonie
Download: SkinCity 4.48MB

Screenshot:

Support (SP/MP/Both): Multiplayer (should be available as team mate in SP also though not as the player's character)
Support (Team Colours) (None/2/4): 4
Known Issues: None
Additional Info:

There are three versions of this character (2 bodies, 3 faces). One a blue eyed guy, the second a surgically altered, beaten up one with mechanical eyes and the final a masked version for the hard of breathing :)

Additional Info

Build Time (and I quote): Loads of weeks :eek:

REVIEW

Rex decided to take the Romulus/Remus character and make an all new look for him (in three flavours) with quite the story as a background. I took it on myself to review it given I've never been mad about the original model (too skinny) but the skin looked promising... So what did I think? Let's go!

The Good:

The body's done very well and given how skinny the original looked, rex has taken it and made it look a whole lot better. The character looks a lot fitter now the way he's done and the texturing is great on him. I'd especially like the colour scheme and the clean silver look to the metal parts. Some parts of the original body have been removed (looking at the textures) to give him a more streamlined look which is much much better.

As for the faces, very well done again - thought I'd like the mecha look more but I actually prefer the default one. Masked one's cool too. Nice portraits too - very eyecatching.

Character bio's in a separate .int file and is a great read with each progression of the character (before and after) documented - When you read it, you'll know what I mean.

LOD's for the skin itself are set correctly weehee

Finally, the ReadMe instructions re. installation are easy to follow (no "I don't know where to put it" here) and all other necessary info is here.

The Bad:

Team colours - I can already hear ppl saying they're not red enough bla bla... I can't see anything wrong with them personally but other people are harder to please and there's always someone who wants a glow worm ;)

The Bottom Line:

The best piece of work yet by rex imho. I'll be keeping these for a long time to come and congrats on a job very well done. A highly recommended download :tup:

TOTAL SCORE 8/10

UTGirl

Link(gun) Lady
This one is simply awesome! Great! Tremendous!

I simply love it!

This one is definitaly one of the best R/R (Romulus/Remus) skins ever!

....and great job on the bio ;)

IMO the teamcolors are greatly done

I must give this a

Total Score: 8.5

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
*While I'm busy lurking*

It seems the reason the name Bane sounded so familiar to us is it's an alias used in 2k4 for characters. Doesn't seem to have caused an issue (that I know of) but thought I'd share this useless piece of information :)