UT2004 Release Date Set

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
So Atari knows something that Epic themselves don't ...
/me thinks we need to take this with a truckload of salt.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Actually, Epic was pushing for a Christmas (December) release. The date, as of Tuesday, was pending the amount of bugs they could fix. If everything went well, the release date would be sooner. So, it seems Epic is satisfied or can complete the game by November.

This is good news, and Atari get's the release date information from Epic. Heh...man that was a quick change. Just three days and the release date was moved up...w00t.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
/me still thinks it will be januari before anyone outside the USA will see the game.

At least it was more than a few weeks after the USA had UT'03 ... even though both europe & america got the master discs within days of each other.

Prophetus

Old Fart
Dec 4, 1999
...standing behind you...
Yeah, but remember Epic isn't the publisher. Although Epic would love to release it all at once to the world, publishers often have other plans. Sometimes it is due to international laws or printing/distribution agreements.

I hate to say it, but Europe is a bit more on the difficult side about distribution of American products...especially their tax laws. I'm not knocking it, just saying the differences are huge between the pond.

I'm sure they can work it out so that the game will be released to everybody, at the same time. But sometimes the publishers would rather take the easy route, first. In addition, there is an advertising strategy in releasing games. We may not like it, but that is how companies do things.:/

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
I just hope they send out the discs as early as possible because over here the games are all released on fridays, so if it isn't distributed in time we could wait a week longer than necessary (and I'm impatient).