UT2004 - Model/Skin Pack - Slaughter - Emeka

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

What do you think about this pack?

• :tup:

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • :hmm:

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • :tdown:

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Skin/Model Name: Emeka
UT(99/2k3/2k4): UT2004 retail+
System Requirements: None specified / Not applicable
Author: Slaughter
Download: SkinCity 2.3MB

Screenshot:

Model: Modified Game - MercMaleB
Animation: Default Animation - Human Male
Voice: Default Voice - Merc
Other: N/A

Support (SP/MP/Both): Both - Single Player and Multiplayer
Support (Team Colours) (None/2/4): None
Known Issues: None
Additional Info: None that I could find

REVIEW

Three new characters for your viewing pleasure. Humm, let me root out the names - Athanasius, Thalatos and Morantar... Slaughter gave himself quite the challenge by choosing to remake this character. Personally, I've always thought that particular model was too skinny looking and I never liked much about it - So, that's where I'm coming from first of all. Where am I going? Read on...

The Good:

There's no real info as to where Slaughter got the look from but each character has a kinda' undead/necris/alien look that's fantastic and pretty original in our Unreal world. Okay, so what do you get for your 30sec+ download? Right, you get three new characters, two based off the MercMaleB mesh and the last with a modified/new head. Of the three, the last (Morantar) would have to be the best imho. These have to be checked out just for the way the heads are textured. Originality owns everything else with the look given to Morantar (the bald guy) so there's no small texture changes or slopiness. Also the addition of ribs stretching skin and a stomach six pack add to the view that these guys are undead and nasty evil characters. The names given to each are excellent and original so it's unlikely to ever have any issues. Portraits are among the best I've seen in the way they're done - as if viewing from a video monitor (detail added here to give that impression). The bios too are among the best I've come across - a really great read.

LOD settings for the skins are specified so detail is affected by in game settings for character.

All are available as the player's character in Single Player mode which is a plus and another plus is that the bio is written into a separate .int so no need for editing xplayers info (which later gets wiped with every patch).

Finally, the ReadMe instructions re. installation are easy to follow (no "I don't know where to put it" here).

The Bad:

No team colours :eek: Other skins in similar styles have them so why not these? Some more changes in the body texture from the default would have been better. I'm not as impressed with Athanasius and Thalatos and think it'd be better without them (but other people may like them more so no harm in variation) and no point reducing because of that. That's just my personal opinion :)

The Bottom Line:

Far and away the best I've seen from Slaughter to date. Everything about it is just wonderful, wholly professional and everyone should at the very least check this out. If after downloading a measly 2.3MB file you don't like it, no harm done. I sure like this pack and this is definitely among the best I've seen for 2k4. Rock on Slaughter you scored a touchdown with this pack!

TOTAL SCORE 8/10

Last edited:

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
I'm amazed how Slaughter managed Morantar without making him look any bit like Remus/Romulus; it's hard to tell it's actually that model! Great job, Slaughter! :2thumb:

P.S. The others are great too :p

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Nice review, Klasnic. :)

I'd give these models an 8.5/10.

klasnic said:
There's no real info as to where Slaughter got the look from but each character has a kinda' undead/necris/alien look that's fantastic and pretty original in our Unreal world.
I thought I've seen Slaughter say that he did these skins in the style of his pictures at DeviantArt.

klasnic said:
No team colours :eek: Other skins in similar styles have them so why not these?
Yeah, I can't believe that Slaughter didn't give these guys Team Colors, either! :eek: Hey Slaughter, was that intentional or just an oversight?

EDIT: Never mind my question: Slaughter said in the "Review Discussion" topic he was gonna update them with Team Colors. :D

Last edited: