UT2004 Mega Pack Next Tuesday

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Well, this seems like a perfectly good time to use this smiley...

wtfyay.gif

Too much AS and not enough CTF, especially considering those CTF ones are already in my maps folder, and they are good ones that don't need changing which probably happened anyway. And it's a shame no one plays AS anymore. :(

TraCK

Amateur Sketch
Apr 14, 2005
Kansas City
Were any of you guys on that Halloween Frag fest they had going on?

I watched about a fourth of it and only saw one player that I've played with before. But then again they were all probably aliasing anyway.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
Not a great "bonus pack"...

Turns2Ashes said:
Well, this seems like a perfectly good time to use this smiley...

wtfyay.gif

Too much AS and not enough CTF, especially considering those CTF ones are already in my maps folder, and they are good ones that don't need changing which probably happened anyway. And it's a shame no one plays AS anymore. :(

It does seem a very half-assed map selection. I'll play the AS maps once, then delete them, just like the stock AS maps. I have both CTF ones, actually I have two seperate versions of Pistola already...

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
While the addition of a new bonus pack is nice, whatever happened to the days of making your own maps?? Back in UT we had 4 bonus packs full of original maps, 2k3 was the same way. Really i feel the only purpose to download this is to play the assault maps, one of which I already had. If this is Epics way of saying 2k4 is on its last legs, then they did a good job. Now get off your asses and finish 2k7 already :D

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
While I would definitely welcome some maps directly from Epic HQ, I think the practice of outsourcing bonus packs is not altogether a bad idea. It allows them to keep supporting the game and the community while continuing work on the new game. I mean, first of all... the pack is free. C'mon... how many other devs are so cool about issuing bonus content?

Not many at all.

Think about it, they paid for maps to give to us for free. :tup:

Second, while I do have a number of these maps already, they have been polished up and several of them have never been available at all! Not to mention that there are people out there that probably don't have any of them and this only serves to recreate some interest in the game.

I kinda understand why they've focused on ONS - because that's where the majority of players have been, and AS, I think, is something that will generate interest among the casual gamer, and is sure to create a buzz on the general gaming messageboards. I play DM and CTF a lot, but I gotta say - aren't there like 80,000 DM maps in the retail version alone? Give us some brand new CTF lovin'!

Apr 15, 2004
hal said:
Second, while I do have a number of these maps already, they have been polished up and several of them have never been available at all! Not to mention that there are people out there that probably don't have any of them and this only serves to recreate some interest in the game.

This is the best point hal makes. Remember, most casual players just download the Epic packs if anything. Occasionally you find an adventurous soul who has the CBPs, but most of the time most people actually just stick to the stock maps. This is a great way of getting some seriously underplayed maps out there to the general non-hardcore populous. Yes, anybody that frequents an Unreal message board is considered "hardcore" relative to most people. :p

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
Wow, I didn't think there were people at all who like my maps... or rather, map ^^
Hope you enjoy it, guys :)

EDIT: Aaand of course, direct any good and - especially - the bad criticism my way, please :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
Hey there, big guy :D

I really don't know what's up with servers anymore... that's why I hardly play the game.
There is such poor taste in setups.
It's either crappy maps, crappy mods, or demo servers, lol.
(I NEVER see the quality stuff getting played)

I think I'll just buy BreakQuest from TotalGaming.net; that looks fun...
________
SICK FROM WELLBUTRIN

Last edited:

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
I don't play much at all anymore, lately. The last game I played was... um... *scratch head* DoW Winter Assault, I think. I kinda mostly buy budget games now ^^

Somehow mapping for a game that's not as fun and addicting to play isn't as fun either. Then again who'd want to miss the comfort of UEd, when comparing it to other game editors? :) And there's neither any game that hooked me like the old UT did, I fear. Unfortunately I'm a sucker for eye candy, hehe

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Luggage said:
Wow, I didn't think there were people at all who like my maps... or rather, map ^^
Hope you enjoy it, guys :)

EDIT: Aaand of course, direct any good and - especially - the bad criticism my way, please :)

CTF-Concentrate is just flat out fun. We play it 2 on 2 a lot at FragBU as things wind down. Probably the reason why you don't see it running a lot is because of the smallish player load that it works best with, and I can't think of any 4 player slot CTF servers. :)

What kind of changes have been made to this new version?

Major-Lee-High

Im a ranter, ignore me!
Jun 27, 2000
The Dark Tower
www.modcentral.us
Wow AS maps :D

Ill have to grab this, and the patches ive missed.

Hopefully there are some AS servers running just these and the default ones :(

Last few times i tried to play there were just a few crap servers and a demo one playing convoy over and over.

malaymishra123

Dec 7, 2005
i alrdy have the ECE Bonus pack as well as the patch 3369---that is the latest which i am SURE ALL if u know:D

so,,,how do i get the rest of the material from the gamespot bonus pack??

i mean they are giving the ECE and the new patch in it....as i alrdy have it and itwas pretty huge....i dont think there is any reason for me to download the entire new Bonus pack??....and most of u also have the ECE pack and the 3369 patch??....wat u guys gonna do???

i have NONE of the maps stated in the new bonus pack....

also i am one of those ppl as memtioned above who only stick to the stock maps, or the ones that are released in the epic bonus packs:D

nothing apart from the bonus packs....so yes it helps ppl like me to get to play new maps:D

so what do i do?

Last edited:

Luggage

wins.
Apr 25, 2001
Germany
www.planetunreal.com
hal said:
CTF-Concentrate is just flat out fun. We play it 2 on 2 a lot at FragBU as things wind down. Probably the reason why you don't see it running a lot is because of the smallish player load that it works best with, and I can't think of any 4 player slot CTF servers. :)

Weeell, maybe I should try that FragBU thing you're talking about ;)

hal said:
What kind of changes have been made to this new version?

Nah, I don't wanna spoil the surprise... Oh well, but hush: it's crammed with Santas in pink underwear, right in time for Christmas ;)