UT2004 maps in UT2007

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nordoch

Dec 17, 2004
I dont know whether this has been covered or not, neways here goes,

I'd to see the following maps in ut2004 as well Gael, Torlan, FaceClassic, Compressed, Crossfire, and few others. Which ones would you prefer....????

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
I would prefer all new maps and NO remakes. I have a feeling the old maps would be Ported over by Players anyway. This way we would get more New Maps from the start..

Nordoch

Dec 17, 2004
I hope the same dude...!!! damn it would be nice to play the classic maps in
2k7.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
This was was discussed on several diffferent threads before!
Do a search for it!

I't would be best if Epic did all new maps, but their going to include the classics in anyway Deck 16, Torlan 2, Face etc!

I'd like to Rankin in non-**** graphics, seriously that is one ugly map in Ut2k4
despite its good gameplay! It really needs moody dramatic lighting, descent non-tiled textures, good sound design and a wider variety of colours.

Some Breakable windows, realistic rain/puddles would be sweet too!

SlipStreams_65

User Titles are Useless.
Dec 29, 2005
Kingdom of boredom
Torlan will be in UT2007. I dont know if its going to be the same with better graphics or what, but one of the developers said they are working on it. Id imagine some of the classic maps would be included. They are working on new ones, I remember one of the more recent demo videos showed a DM level called carbon fire set in a robot factory.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Deck, Face, and Torlan have all been confirmed. If those 3 maps are in the demo I would have mixed feelings. It would be cool be able to test the differences in the new game with well known maps, but at the same time, I want new stuff.

Dr._Jekyl

Hyde...from Dr._Jekyl
Apr 19, 2006
My own little world
There are some classic maps I'd like to see in UT2007, but spruced up, like Torlan, maybe a new Face map, and a couple others, but other than that, new maps is perfect.

You know what'd be fun? A map (yes, sorry Linten) set in a factory-type area, that you can operate machinery and crush people with a crane or bulldozer. XD

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Do you mean, DM-Deck-18 or DM-OMGANOTHER-Deck ?
I say Burn. Maybe some of the best ut2004 maps, but FFS let Goliath, Grandelcrap and orisisisis die

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If you didn't like a map in UT2004, there's no guarantee that you wouldn't like that same map with UT2007 gameplay. To be honest, none of us really know what kind of map will work well with UT2007.

Dr._Jekyl

Hyde...from Dr._Jekyl
Apr 19, 2006
My own little world
Interactive Environments

gregori said:
I wanna see something along the lines of UT99 Gothic /Pit of Agony in style
with breakable stainglass windows!

Yes! That's what they need! Interactive environments or whatever. Breakable windows, REAL holes in the wall, blow up a ramp or stairs...w00t!
Kinda like what I posted earlier.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
hal said:
If you didn't like a map in UT2004, there's no guarantee that you wouldn't like that same map with UT2007 gameplay. To be honest, none of us really know what kind of map will work well with UT2007.
I have to agree. But deck is the most terrible map that Epic keep getting back to. I think that it's one of ut99's worse map, and ut2004's worse aswell. Especialy for the upper floor, you have sniper, and 50A up there, the whole center area in view, so can see if someone is going to take the AMP or 100a. Terrible layout.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I hope they don't remake Rankin with its same flaws. With some weapon adjustment it would be more balanced and play well as opposed to just okay like it does now. Hitscan needs to be on opposite sides of the level and, FFS, if there's a friggin' deadend corner area, don't leave the person spawning there with just a stupid link gun and no means of escape...

I'm already pretty upset Deck, Face, and Torlan are making it as remakes because they're all really bad in UT2004. I'd much rather see new stuff from Epic and let the community cover the remakes. They're going to do it anyway, so why should Epic waste their time? If Rankin/Ironic/Rough aren't in UT2007 there will probably be ports released the first week...

Dr._Jekyl

Hyde...from Dr._Jekyl
Apr 19, 2006
My own little world
There is a certain spot useful for sniping in Rankin, but it's almost impossible to hit anything from there...all you can really do is spam the area near the shock rifle with shock combos or flak...but yeah, letting the community do remakes and stuff 'cuz they will is a good point.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Dr._Jekyl said:
There is a certain spot useful for sniping in Rankin

There's always a good reason to snipe in this game. I am ready to do tell that it is the only purpose in this game. Since you mention Rankin, try to stay alive, walk around the 50a and time it, make sure you don't run dry of rocket, flak, LTG ammo. Try to take some shock ammo if you wasted them in many spammage shock combos, use the shield gun every time that you go over the shock rifle pickup because it's spammhammer time. then use the elevator to get up and start hitscaning everythign that moves. Then hit the "booster" combo and keep at it. Use the rocket in special encounters. Like when you want to leave a platform, you fire a rocket at your enemie's feet. That's about the only time i find the rocket usefull.

That's just one of the worse thing that happen in rankin, one of the main reason that i got called of cheater, and hopefulty that the demo of ut2007 will have a anti cheat protection. This is getting overated.

Just 3 days ago, there was a booter that gave me link to a site with Aimbots. He asked me if i wanted to cheat with him on the demo servers. I reported the website to Abuse@epicgames, no reply from them.

Last edited:

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
I know that there will be deck and it's great. I also hope to see another map, that made through all Unreal games which had multiplayer - Curse (but hope it'll be closer to v2), then Codex from UT, FaceClassic, LavaGiant, Gauntlet, Ironic, Compressed, Peak, DM-Tundra, Dreary, November (btw also featured in every UT, but with more variations), may be Orbital and Agony, Turbine, ONS-Urban.