UT2004 Beta Patch 3321 Changes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Wasn't there supposed to be a new mutator called Vehicle Pickups or something in one of these patches?

Gothik

Day Tripper
Jun 8, 2000
UK
Visit site
With the new patch, the official Onslaught maps are now listed twice, the second entry having the words "Bonus vehicles" after them. And no, the vehicles are not included in the patch if anyone was wondering.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Raffi_B said:
That's in the EC edition I believe :)
No, it was specifically mentioned to be in a patch. I thought it was supposed to have been 3270. I remember a news post about seeing a beta patch 3229 with it in. (Then the patch 3236 came out, and no mutator.)

I just remembered that. They are holding it back. Probably indeed for the ECE. Would be nice to have now though.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Gothik said:
With the new patch, the official Onslaught maps are now listed twice, the second entry having the words "Bonus vehicles" after them. And no, the vehicles are not included in the patch if anyone was wondering.
Well there's about 90 megs worth of stuff nobody needs. (all new maps just with the new vehicles)

they really should either get rid of all the old ONS maps and put in all the new ones with the new vehicles or make it a mutator replacement thing. But why would you NOT play with the new vehicles?

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
Nemephosis said:
But why would you NOT play with the new vehicles?

Incase you dont like them? Incase you like to go back to the original once in a while? Incase you can still play onslaught with someone which havn't got the extra vehicals

SirYawnalot

Slapping myself in the face
Jan 17, 2004
England
www.facebook.com
I think I heard the new vehicles will be playable with a mutator which replaces the default lineup of glorified-go-karts. Not that I care, I don't like Onslaught so I'm just interested for the new characters. :p

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Nemephosis said:
Well there's about 90 megs worth of stuff nobody needs. (all new maps just with the new vehicles)

they really should either get rid of all the old ONS maps and put in all the new ones with the new vehicles or make it a mutator replacement thing. But why would you NOT play with the new vehicles?

First paragraph:
There are different node setups for ONS maps, but those don't mean multiple copies, so why would you assume suddenly Epic went braindead?

Second paragraph?
Why not?
Well, because the original maps weren't meant to be played with those vehicles.
People got used to playing maps like they are right now, and different vehicles would completely screw up the original map.
(Screw up meaning change, not necesarily make it bad.)
Of course the new map versions might end up being more fun, but who knows!
I think I'd rather play the original maps like they are now, and the new maps with the new vehicles, but we'll see what happens.