UT2003 skin converted to UT2004?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JabbaDaNut

Mar 31, 2005
Hello all. My question is, shouldn't it be relatively easy to convert a UT2k3 skin to UT2k4??? Isn't the only thing different is that in UT2k4, there is a vehicle riding part in the animation? Well, because I am a noob at this, I was wondering if I could take a favorite skin of mine from ut2k3, use a skeleton from ut2k4, so my skin would work perfectly in ut2k4? Much appreciated for your comments and help!

Zenodey

Formally known as mutt
Sep 25, 2004
i don't think u'd have to worry bout it since it would in the upl be asigned to the animation taht is updated for new animations

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
Hiya Jabba you'll need to confirm first whether it's a skin or a model we're talking about. All 2k3 skins will work in 2k4 without doing anything.

If you mean a model (an all new character 'shape' that isn't in 2k3 retail) then if it uses a default animation set it should work in 2k4. If, however it has it's own animation set (probably missing vehicle sitting anim) then really you should request an update from the original author or possibly get someone else to do it having gotten permission first from the author.

Hope that helps. Any clarification required just post again *Jedi mind trick*