UT:XMP for future UT releases?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Some of us are wondering if UT:XMP will be re-released for all the yearly/bi-yearly UT releases, just like other mods have done (examples are Red Orchestra, Frag Ops, Deathball, etc). Does FMI even own the "XMP" rights necessary to make UT:XMP for future UT releases? There was a rumor that Epic might be reserving the XMP name as a gametype for a future UT release.

This is now a bigger question as the reality of the next UT is becoming more apparent. Link with info here:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=156526

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
i don't see any real reason why ut:xmp wouldin't go to the next build of ut2k4... after all, it'll give mappers better workflow, and overall they can do tons more :D
( and plus, bots should be a bit easier to work with :lol: ):tup:

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
yes, very true, cascade, but hey, if ut:xmp goes to the 2006/2007 release i'll be one of the first ones buyin it :D ( anyways, i'd buy it anyways to see what new stuff i can do. )

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Well, I guess I was really wanting to hear yes/no, does FMI have the rights to 'XMP' for future UT releases, or is Epic reserving the rights?

Keasis

frequent eembotter
May 28, 2004
In the basement
"potentially as large as three onslaught maps with assault-like objectives and even a form of limited resource management planned"

"players will battle on one of two teams, each sides terriroty will look physically different, as you take a territory it will convert to the otherteams structures and physical surroundings"

"conquest should appeal to a wider gaming audience and provide a place where longer-term strategy, teamwork, and face-to-face fragging all meet"

*cough* XMP *cough*

Well, if you cannot think of anything good yourself, you might aswell, dump the Masterserver, drop support, disband Legend, hope the original dissapears from memory and then steal it.

Towanda

Aug 9, 2000
www.boteam.net
Midway, isnt that a map in BF 42
confused.gif
:D

Keasis

frequent eembotter
May 28, 2004
In the basement
IndianPsycho said:
Or you can double check your facts and find out that Epic has gotten the master server up more than once.

Well, that certainly has helped the 30 people that are left in u2xmp.

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
ut:xmp isn't even ready for 2k4 yet and you guys are asking about a future release .. oh boy :rolleyes:

heavy_wargod

destructive poppets!!
Nov 25, 2004
heheh I hope XMP will get rebuild for many years so the XMP-community gets larger and larger. heheheh