1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT:XMP for future UT releases?

Discussion in 'General UTXMP Discussion' started by Bleeder, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Bleeder

Bleeder Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan

Some of us are wondering if UT:XMP will be re-released for all the yearly/bi-yearly UT releases, just like other mods have done (examples are Red Orchestra, Frag Ops, Deathball, etc). Does FMI even own the "XMP" rights necessary to make UT:XMP for future UT releases? There was a rumor that Epic might be reserving the XMP name as a gametype for a future UT release.

This is now a bigger question as the reality of the next UT is becoming more apparent. Link with info here:
    http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=156526

2. Dandeloreon1984

Dandeloreon1984 CXP Director

i don't see any real reason why ut:xmp wouldin't go to the next build of ut2k4... after all, it'll give mappers better workflow, and overall they can do tons more :D
    ( and plus, bots should be a bit easier to work with :lol: ):tup:

3. CaSCaDe

CaSCaDe gaem freak in 3 dimensions

there wont even be a new ut till the new one (nicknamed envy) will be released, and that will most likely be somewhere in 2006/7

4. Dandeloreon1984

Dandeloreon1984 CXP Director

yes, very true, cascade, but hey, if ut:xmp goes to the 2006/2007 release i'll be one of the first ones buyin it :D ( anyways, i'd buy it anyways to see what new stuff i can do. )

5. Bleeder

Bleeder Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan

Well, I guess I was really wanting to hear yes/no, does FMI have the rights to 'XMP' for future UT releases, or is Epic reserving the rights?

6. Xaero

Xaero Who Dey!

Is that even relevent?

7. Keasis

Keasis frequent eembotter

"potentially as large as three onslaught maps with assault-like objectives and even a form of limited resource management planned"

"players will battle on one of two teams, each sides terriroty will look physically different, as you take a territory it will convert to the otherteams structures and physical surroundings"

"conquest should appeal to a wider gaming audience and provide a place where longer-term strategy, teamwork, and face-to-face fragging all meet"

*cough* XMP *cough*

Well, if you cannot think of anything good yourself, you might aswell, dump the Masterserver, drop support, disband Legend, hope the original dissapears from memory and then steal it.

8. PRG

PRG XMP Beta Tester

It sounds alot more like BF:42 or V to me.

9. IndianPsycho

IndianPsycho Registered user

Or you can double check your facts and find out that Epic has gotten the master server up more than once, not to mention the fact that they're under Midway now.

10. Towanda

Towanda New Member

Midway, isnt that a map in BF 42 [​IMG] :D

11. Keasis

Keasis frequent eembotter

Well, that certainly has helped the 30 people that are left in u2xmp.

12. cyb

cyb New Member

ut:xmp isn't even ready for 2k4 yet and you guys are asking about a future release .. oh boy :rolleyes:

13. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

Maybe it'll be ready for the next UT release? ;)

14. Gumby

Gumby Pretty in Pink!

Or maybe it will either be included as an "envy" gametype (with FMI at the helm ;)), or even as a multiplayer part of Unreal3 (if they decide to make one...)

15. heavy_wargod

heavy_wargod destructive poppets!!

heheh I hope XMP will get rebuild for many years so the XMP-community gets larger and larger. heheheh