UT Stuff & PissBall....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostgeek

Nov 27, 1999
Visit site
First of all the game is great both on and off the net.
To the people gamging up on that piss guy...
Maybe he really is having problems maybe he likes to complain who cares.WE try to help who we can in these forums,NOT send em outta here more annoyed then they were.
I recently built my own PC from scratch (ive done a many upgrades but never built a pc till a few weeks ago).
My PC runs awesome and 100% trouble free. Then UT came along with the Direct 3D problems.I troubleshooted by myself for 2 days and played email tag with Cliffy B. of epic...guess what? SAME PROBLEMS!
So being frustrated coupled with the fact that i have a good job that pays well, i bought a Voodoo 3 3000 to replace my Creative TNT2 Ultra...wow! The voodoo 3 300 is faster @ 55.21 fps in a single player deathmatch against 5 bots.
On the net it runs excellent (ping ranges from 160-240)with music and everything else setup defaults were at...except im at 800x600.
But not all people can buy video cards on the fly,some come here to find help to enjoy the same fragfests we do so well.
Flamers who flame this game are either QUAKE-ers or are just plain bored and wanna talk to someone.Ignore those who flame,help the ones who need the help...its up to your judgement whos genuine and who isnt.
BTW i hated deathmatch only games till UT was released i borrowed the demo and was hooked...I may buy Q3 anyway /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Thanks to Epic and Cliffy B especially for taking time out to help us and create a great game that will last for years.

By the way the PC i built...
Asus P3B-F Mobo..BIOS revision 1004,Intel P3 450mhz(sl35d) overclocked to 540mhz,128mb PC100 RAM,Voodoo3 3000 (formerly Creative TNT2 with 3.53 detonators),SB Live with 3.0 drivers,Creative 48x CDROM,Creative Encore DVDROM,Quantum Fireball Plus KA 13.6GB Ultra ATA66 HD(currently at Ultra ATA33 due to mobo)3Com Internet Gaming Modem...etc

By the way for non cable or dsl peeps...get this modem and a good isp and youll be good to go...my ping is from 160-240 average!

Fireseal

How much was the usr gaming modem for ya?

btw, nice system! I've got just about the same thing cept for the mobo- abit bx6 r2, and the cd-rom drive- asus 50x.

bullet2.gif

What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?

THE**WRAITH_DS

Nov 10, 1999
Visit site
The gaming modem is not a solution ,I and a few others bought it and find that it is no different from the regular modem you would buy else where.. There claim to lower ping and lag is a big hype to draw us gamers into a trap to buy a useless product..I Use a Lt. winmodem and it gets arouund a 140 to 250 depending on a crowd at a server.. With the gaming modem my ping jumped up tp a 375 to 9000 ping and not very friendly on a server.. Now you might buy it and have better luck then those of us who bought it, but I think it is a waste of money.. Try a Diamond modem first...

bullet2.gif

If money talks, bull**** will walk!!!!

[This message has been edited by The-Wraith (edited 12-04-1999).]

Fireseal

Yeah, I'm going to try and set up that diamond modem that supports 2 phone lines to get up to a 115k connection. It all sounds nice and everything, but I'm sure its going to be a real bitch to set up /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

What is the average flight speed of an unladen swallow?

Status
Not open for further replies.