[UT]-Skinning : HUD for Boss

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaD

Skincollecting Fanatic
Sep 6, 2003
Germany
skincity.beyondunreal.com
Missing HUD/Talk texture display for the Boss Model:

Created by Lawgiver
Additional credit to "GR8-1"

Tutorial copied with the friendly permission from Identity Crisis .

I came across this problem myself a short time ago, a friend was able to help me out by solving the problem and I would like to share it with you.

The problem being that you are unable to see the "HUD/Talk texture" image "ingame" that you have created for your new BossSkin.

The problem is very easy to fix.
Unlike the "SoldierSkin" the "BossSkin" works in a different way (hence the problem). It's all to do with editting the names correctly. Where as the SoldierSkins you would create a head texture (4) and name the "HUD" texture (5) the same, this does not work with the BossSkin. You need to rename the "HUD" texture to BossSkin.****5Xan (replacing * with whatever you have named your skin), also, edit the .INT to reflect this change.
You do not need to rename your face texture (4).

I'll give you a better example using one of my skins as an example and the changes that were necessary:

Old name for The hud texture - lawg5Bezerker

New name - lawg5Xan

Also the changes in the .INT file are:

Old version
Object=(Name=BossSkins_lawg.lawg5Bezerker,Class=Texture)

New version
Object=(Name=BossSkins_lawg.lawg5Xan,Class=Texture)

This, now, should sort out you problem and complete your new skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.