UT RL modification

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Heey ya guys, someone made me a small UT RL modification, it's for UT99.

what is does it make the UT RL start as slow as a player can run, but accelerates very fast. So you can use it close quarters (it won't have fully sped up yet) or as a sniper with delay.

It's really fun IMO and I hope it balances the sniper and shockrifle a bit.

I've got a feeling some of ya's will think it "$uck$"., but if you really have to make a comment on it like that then tell me why it does $uck.

Just place the files into your system folder and start the game using one of the Rocket XL (that means Accel) mutators.

Attachments

• XeppWeap.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 26

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
XepptizZ said:
I guess I'm the only one still living in UT99 here :(

... most definitely you're not, but your initial description didn't catch my interest, sorry. Care to elaborate? :) ...

XepptizZ

What are you lookin at...
May 17, 2004
In solitude
Reciprocity said:
What have here is an RL shooting fast(er) rockets.

It's actually an accelerating Rocketlauncher. The rocket's have gotten a 60% increase in speed every game tick.

What this does is taht it will shoot pretty normal in fractal from one end to the other (CloseQuarters), but at long ranges like face it will get a masive speed and thus be able to even snipe with.

It's not only an arena mod, but also can just only swap the RL's for the XL RL's.

So it's a bit of a juiced up RL as I wanted to Make the RL less vulnerable at long distances (snipers and shockwores totally whoop normal RLjunkies, coz of the instant hit property). But it still maintanes a slow speed upclose.

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Ah, okay. I thought it had something to do with the speed of the player who fired the projectile. I could see how this would come in handy.