UT (GOTY) and framerates Speed up.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Is that the driver that people say online works best with your video card? If it helps at all, I have UT installed on my Win98SE machine still and it has a Ti4400 in it, so I'll check what drivers it is using. I'm pretty sure I'm using whatever still worked well with UT. Maybe it's just a matter of updating drivers.

For umods, you'll have to modify the file associations somewhat to get it to work or maybe add an association. I'm still using XP on my latest UT install, so let me know if you need to know about this.

I think I have the link to the most up to date driver (from page 2) but the file is 65MB and will (apparently) take 4 hours to download on a library computer.

I'm using XP too, but I'm obviously not as 1337 as the people who write the help-posts in these stickies. For example:

It seems that .umod files haven't been associated with the right program yet.
Yeah, 'gathered that.
Open the explorer,
You mean open Windows Explorer, right? Wait... how...?
go to View, Folder Options...
Oh, folder options! I know where that is.
and then to the 'File types' tab.
Erm...
Press the 'New type' button.
That's not there...
Fill the fields this way:
I don't have any fields, I don't have that new button, remember?
Now press the 'New' button. In this dialog, type this:
Yeah, I ain't got no new button. Y' deaf?
* Action: &Install this module
* Application used...: C:\Games\UnrealTournament\System\Setup.exe install "%1"

I can do that last bit to a shortcut... oh, that don't work...
Replace 'C:\Games\UnrealTournament' with your UT directory. Now press 'Ok' two times, and you're done!
Yeah, I'm done alright....

tl;dr me normal, yeah? Average.

Right, I'll try that instead...

Last edited:

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Nuts.... I need the service packs, and they're damn hooj.
I need it to rain again so nobody comes to the library.
And get here early.

@Khnumhotep: I ain't got Vista, and I ain't got 7. I got XP.

I wonder if i could just win-rar everything.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
All,

When I reinstalled all my Unreal and UT stuff in my new Windows 7 computer, I couldn't get the UMOD procedure to work either. I found a utility that extracts the UMOD contents. You then just copy the contents to the proper folders. The utility is called UModBrowser. It works well. I installed all my UMOD stuff using it. You can find it here (it's free):

http://www.ego-creations.de/index.php?f=news

Freddie

Exus Tecius

like diamonds in the sky
Sep 24, 2003
Visit site
dear mods,cant we unsticky this thread?
noone seems to post here plus OP is Kantham!? wth a thread by him on our glorious ut99 sub-forum?someone needs to get fired i tell ya...:shake:

:hot::p

burnerchief

Feb 25, 2013
start ut
press ctrl alt del
open taskmanager
choose process
right click on ut process
choose affinity
choose only one core
end taskmanager
done